It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
(male)

Stressinout HB User
Unhappy IBS, Colon Cancer, IBD What could it be? any ideas?

Hi everybody!
Okay so here's the thing! I am a 20 year old Male, I workout and try to eat as healthy as possible. Basically what I am trying to say is that: Starting about a month and a half ago I started having pain in the lower part of my abdomen after a weekend of drinking, usually when I wake up in the morning. I thought nothing of it and it continued on for about two weeks. I finally decided to hit the neighbourhood clinic and the doctor sent me for full abdomen ultrasound, I guess they did not find anything as I did not receive a phone call.

I have been experiencing a change in bowel habits, different colored stools , for example, I had some really pale yellow diahrrea, Flat stools, and almost all of my normal stools have little black pepper grain specks in it. on one occasion I had a maroonish colored stripe on my stool but since then I have not experienced another one. I have alot of gas, the pain in my lower left quadrant is dull and remains most of the day instead of just the morning. I had a mix of diahrrea and constipation, Chest pain under my breastbone, lower back pain for a bit, it basically feels like the whole left side of my body is affected for some reason. I went to my family doctor about a week ago and she thinks it might be Acid Reflux but I dont experience a burning sensation in my chest or esophagus. she also sent me for some tests, CBC (Blood count), Urinalysis, Fecal occult blood test 3 (OBH 3), Celiac Disease test and an Alanine Aminotransferase. Does this mean she thinks it could be possible that I have Colorectal Cancer?

My diet during the summer and the last couple of months makes me wonder about this. during the summer time until about december was very high in protein and red meat, steaks everyday as well as protein shakes after the gym everyday. for about 2 weeks I have cut out red meat and switched to white meat, I eat alot more veggies and drink tons more water, I also workout everyday. I cannot wait for the test results, not knowing is stressful. I forgot to mention that no one in my family has had a history of any cancer that I know of.
anybody have any ideas? I believe it may be IBS, but the possibilities of Colon cancer is in mind too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2011, 07:48 AM   #2
(female)

kjmiller HB User
Re: IBS, Colon Cancer, IBD What could it be? any ideas?

Well, as you already know, no one on this board should try to diagnose you, but as a rectal cancer survior, who had many surgeries and now treat my digestion like I have IBS, if none of the tests give you an answer and your problem continues, you might talk to your doctor about having a full colonoscopy. You are pretty young for colon cancer, but it is not unheard of. All my early tests were negetive and they did not find my cancer which was pretty advanced, until I had a coloscopy. I hope you already got your answers since your post was a while ago.

Closed Thread