It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2011, 08:42 AM   #1
(male)

Questnmark HB User
Testicular Pain, Gas, Abdominal pain

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum but I decided to post to see if anyone out there has any idea or may be experiencing the same problems as me.

I'm a male, 28 years old and have had this problem for the past couple of months. I woke up in the middle of night a few months back with terrible pain in my testicles that radiated to my anus. I was constipated as well and everything seemed terrible. I went in for a colonoscopy and everything came back good.

I was fine a few months after and then again while I was sleeping I started to experience testicle pain in my right testicle. The pain then started to radiate to my left testicle and I went in to see a urologist who did a urine test, felt my testicles and said everything seemed to be okay. He prescribed me some meds (I hate taking medication) so I didn't take it. I started to feel better and then the pain went away for a few days. The pain came back so I went in again and again my urine tests were good and everything seemed normal. As of this exact minute, my testicle pain seems to come and go but I noticed that I'm really gassy at times and I get pain in my abdomen. The pain radiates to my right side near my appendix and I keep passing gas. If I go about my day without thinking about the pain I feel fine. I try to sleep with a pillow between my legs now because that seems to help. This morning was terrible. I woke up and kept passing gas and now my testicles don't hurt but they seem irritated and I feel like I have to go #2.

I'm not sure if this is stress related or if it's because I'm sitting all day at work but lately I've been going home and exercising and I feel good. I've been eating good. I have a history of anxiety thats' pretty bad at times and my stress level is somewhat high. Any info or feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-20-2011, 12:41 AM   #2
(male)

Teleportist HB User
Re: Testicular Pain, Gas, Abdominal pain

Hi Questnmark,

I'm sorry I can't offer an idea. Only to say that I've been suffering the same symptoms.

On and off right testicular pain for a few years - thought it was a strain, possibly the result of compensating for a lower left back injury some months before.

More recently this, over the last month or so this has spread to also be pain in the appendix area, with gas and a feeling of needing to empty my bowel. But when I do my stools are loose and not a lot. No anus pain though.

As with you pain is worse of a night and eased if I lay on my left side of front.
I'm 37.

I'm currently getting checked out by the doctor and have had X-ray, Ultrasound (Kidneys, prostate, bladder) and a urine test for blood and infection. All check out fine although the doctor did see some fecal build up on the x-ray, which makes sense.

I'm going back for further diagnosis next week, but would appreciate if you
could update with any (hopefully good) news you may have.

PS. Also sit at work all day long and am a bit of a worrier.

Last edited by Teleportist; 05-20-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:28 PM   #3
(male)

Questnmark HB User

Hi Teleportist,

Sorry to hear about your problems. It's a pain dealing with these issues. I have an ultrasound coming up and also some lab work. This has been going on now for 8 months but sometimes it goes away for weeks like nothing ever happened and then the next thing you know....it comes back.

I noticed the more I think about it then that's when it affects me the most. If I don't think about it and go on with my day then usually i'm fine. Lately, I've been feel really gassy. My stools are usually normal. I've been eating more fiber to keep me cleansed as possible which seems to help.

The pain comes and goes but at times will stick around for a few days then it disappears. Please keep me updated as well. I have to schedule my ultrasound but I should be doing that real soon since I have a follow up with my MD next week. Thanks for responding to my post. Take care and I wish you the best.

Old 05-26-2011, 05:17 AM   #4
(male)

Teleportist HB User

Sorry to hear you've not had a resolution yet Questnmark.

The testicular pain seems to have eased off as it's done previously,
but I'm now left with an uncomfortable heavy feeling on the right-hand
side, roughly where my Appendix is.

Saw the Doc this week to discuss the results so far. When I mentioned the
possibility of a grumbling appendix he said there was no such thing.

I'm now booked in to see a colorectal consultant. Most likely I'll be having a colonoscopy later on.

We may not turn out to be suffering the same condition, but I'll keep updating on post and please let me know how things progress with you.

Best Wishes to you also.

Last edited by Teleportist; 05-26-2011 at 05:19 AM.

Old 06-03-2011, 06:26 AM   #5
(male)

Questnmark HB User

Hi Teleportist,

Thank you for the reply and sorry for my delay again in response.

How are you doing? I have an ultrasound in a few hours which will then be followed up with some lab work. I hope everything turns out okay. I'm still feeling gassy with radiating pain in my abdomen and kidney area. The kidney pain isn't as frequent as the abdominal pain which can be eased by passing gas or going to the bathroom.

I will keep you posted for sure. Thank you again for staying in contact. I hope everything is well with you. Take care and we'll talk soon.

Last edited by moderator2; 06-03-2011 at 02:38 PM.

Old 06-03-2011, 09:30 PM   #6
(male)

djreyrey HB User
Exclamation Re: Testicular Pain, Gas, Abdominal pain

Hello Questnmark,

Thanks for posting your story. I'll pray everything is well with you and that your results come back good/negative.

I've had the same exact pain as you described. However, the pain for me is not often and very rare. But I did have the same exact pain an hour ago.

I've been passing gas all day long. And it's not just air - my gas is very stong in smell. I used the restroom about two hours ago (#2) and after that, I started having pain. It first fealt like the pain was starting around my testicle area and then slowly moving to the colen area. I'm not sure what this means but the pain is almost gone now. I've noticed the same thing as you - it happens either when I need to go #2 or pass gas. Sometimes it happens before or after. Hopefully it's just a matter of bowel movement or something related.

I'm interested to hear your results. Post when you get a chance!

Thanks!

Rey

Old 06-07-2011, 01:41 AM   #7
(male)

Teleportist HB User

Welcome DJreyrey. Sorry to hear you're having health problems too.

Update.

Had a colonoscopy - Everything checked our fine thankfully.
Also the second ultrasound and x-rays were clear.

The Consultant took some some orutine biopsies and I'll need to
see him in a couple of weeks for the results and a CT scan to
double-check.

He's found a small hernia and now thinks it might be the cause of all my symptoms. Maybe it's strangulating them slightly.

Thinking back, the symptoms have been loosly linked to over exertion.

This may not be the same cause for you guys, but I'll let you know what happens next.

Let me know how your US and lab work works out Questnmark.

Old 06-12-2011, 09:57 AM   #8
(male)

Questnmark HB User

Hey Djreyrey,

Sorry for the delay. Like I mentioned earlier I've been so busy with Dr. appointments and every day life goals that sometimes it gets tough to get online.

Sorry to hear about your pain. Have you talked to you doctor yet? Just to play it safe, go in for a check up just to check it out. It shouldn't be anything big. I thought at first I had IBS or something which was causing the problem.

Just an update for you guys, I went on the wrong day last week for my ultrasound so I have it rescheduled for this Tuesday. I'll update you guys for sure.

Teleportists - Thank you for the update. My lab results are a little off, but it looks like that's a whole other situation on it's on from years ago. I'm not sure if it's related but I'll discuss that with my doctor and I'll get back to you.

Over exertion can be the problem...dang I'm tired of this already and I'm sure you guys are too!! I want it to go away already.

Thank you both for dropping me a line on here and sharing your health issues. Let's get through this together. Have a good one guys and I'll update you both shortly. Have a good one.

Closed Thread