It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2011, 09:04 AM   #1
(male)

bhbest HB User
not sure if this is IBS-dull "gnawing" like in lower right quadrant

White male 44, 30 lbs overweight, relatively good health. Not sure if this is even the right place for this post. For the past 3 months I have been experiencing a slight discomfort (not really even pain) almost like a gnawing feeling in my lower right abdomen. I went to my PC and they took blood (CBC and urinalysis) and asked my where the pain was and I couldn't feel anything at the moment despite the doc touching different areas of my abdomen. But it seems like every 45 minutes to maybe 1-2 hours I get this fleeting gnawing like achy feeling in my lower right abdomen for about 5 minutes and it disappears completely. I have no digestive issues, no blood/discolored stools, no constipation, no severe pain, and blood work has since come back normal according to doc. I do have lower back issues and have been hospitalized for my back problems in the past. It almost feels like maybe it is an ache radiating around from my lower back to my lower right abdomen at times. I also suffer from generalized anxiety disorder and am always worrying about my health, i.e. new pains etc.. I also read that this could be anxiety/panic symptoms. At this point my doc suggested we could do an abdominal ultra sound if the symptoms get worse but after being almost symptom free in February I declined. Now the last week or so I think the symptoms are back somewhat.

Last edited by bhbest; 03-16-2011 at 02:12 PM.

Old 03-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
(male)

tonyinhampshire HB User
Re: not sure if this is IBS-dull "gnawing" like in lower right quadrant

identical to me, i have l5 disc protusion. do you have bowel problems or sciatica

tony

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2011, 06:24 PM   #3
(male)

bhbest HB User

No real bowel problems at all thats the thing. No indigestion, acid reflux, cramps or anything. Just this sudden gnawing like feeling. I just feel like it's back related as my back problems have never gone away. Thing is when i am busy at work sometimes I won't notice the gnawing at all until for many hours, until I start to think about it, almost like it's psychosamatic.
As far as sciatica problems, Once in a blue moon I get that sort of pain that shoots down my leg but it is not a common ache.

Old 03-24-2011, 11:29 AM   #4
(female)

hibiscus888 HB User

I was diagnosed with IBS twelve years ago and I also would get a gnawing, almost like a crampy, or even a hunger pain in my lower right side. I also got a bad taste in my mouth. I would have troube with spastic colon, and suffer from constipation or irreguar bowl movements which come and go depending on stress...

Closed Thread