It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
(female)

AmericanPR434 HB User
help with IBS after the stomach flu

I became sick with a stomach virus 3 nights ago. I know for sure this time it is a virus because it is going around my child care. My husband also got sick. Anyway, I have had bad loose water stools for 3 days now. I know I am not dehydrated because I am still peeing a lot and it's clear. I have been drinking "Smart Water" and flat Sierra Mist (made with sugar not HFCS). I have also been having herbal tea and ginger. I started taking probiotics this morning to see if it would help. I am not going every 10 minutes anymore. I tried some soda crackers and had loose watery stools after that. I have a few questions that maybe someone can help me with. First off, will rice and rice water help bind me, meaning can I try to get off the clear liquids if I am going about every 4 hours now. My stools have NOT started to bind at all. My IBS has been SO bad lately and then I had to catch this nasty virus. I always get the flu worse and it lasts longer than most people that do not have IBS. Do other people out there with IBS have the problem that their diarrhea never seems to go away if they get the tummy virus and I was wondering if anyone has any helpful hints for me. I was also wondering if anyone know if the sugar is hard on the tummy if we suffer from IBS.
Thank you so much....hope everyone has a healty happy Easter

Closed Thread