It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
(male)

OneLastBreath HB User
Smile Change in bowel habits

Hey guys, just looking for some input.
I've had IBS for the majority of my so far 18 year life, with it not really affecting me other than when i went out of town for longer trips or got constipated occassionally. About 2 months ago, i noticed a change in my bowel habits; I started going more often (daily as opposed to once every 2 or 3 days), with more ease, and I could go at work or anywhere really. I have always had occasional stomach pain after eating some foods and that stayed with me. I know I shouldn't be "complaining", but I just find it odd.
Any ideas as to what could have happened that triggered this change?

Old 06-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User
Re: Change in bowel habits

IBS tends to come and go throughout your life, but I did notice that once I got out of my teens and became a young adult, my IBS got a lot better.
I think all the hormones we have as teenagers make IBS worse, and once the hormones settle down, the IBS symptoms do, too.
Just enjoy being symptom-free for as long as it lasts, because there will no doubt come a time in your life when your symptoms will return... probably when you're under a great deal of stress.

Best of luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kali333 For This Useful Post:
OneLastBreath (06-19-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2011, 08:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Have you had any change in your diet? Many times just a slight change in diet may affect you. I'm assuming your IBS is C rather then D as you mentioned you get constipated and now seem more regular. Could very well be your having a nice change as going on a regular basis is much better then being bound up.

I had almost 2 years of constant Diarrhea and went through every test you can imagine yet they found nothing. Dr. said it was probably a nervous stomach. Both my GI Dr. and PCP suggested taking a Probiotic and it really made a difference, as now although I get a flare every so often, it is nothing like what I went through before. I guess like me you should just enjoy the change as Lord only knows when it may or may not start up again.

Well wishes...JJ...

Old 06-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

OneLast Breath,

I don't think you have or had the classical symptoms of IBS or constipation.
It's best to get rid of body toxins as well as antigens daily. For whatever reason your BMs have changed it's for the better.

I think you are doing well---75 or 80% of you immunity is generated in your GI tract.

Harry

Last edited by Harry; 06-21-2011 at 09:35 PM. Reason: Tyops

Closed Thread