It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #1
(female)

Tibby HB User
Unhappy Doc said it's IBS, but i really doubt that it is, please help its ruining my life!!!!

I have CONSTANT stomach pain that gets worse when I eat (especially if it's greasy or rich foods). And I mean CONSTANT, it never goes away, it has been this way since my seventh grade year and Iím now about to enter tenth grade. In Eighth I finally broke down and told my mom about it (I have a bad habit of ignoring my health when Iím sick and just hoping it goes away on its own) she took me to my doctor who said it might be a stomach ulcer because I tested + for H Pylori. He gave me meds for it but those didn't do anything for the pain which has only been getting worse.

He finally referred me to another doctor up in Duke. All that he (the Duke Doctor) did was an Endoscopy which came back perfectly fine, and thatís it. He has since written it off as IBS but it doesnít sound like it and doesn't act like it (I would know my mom has IBS herself and our symptoms aren't anything alike). I've tried looking up on my own what this might be but I don't have a lot to go on just constant stomach pain that gets worse when I eat anything, and really worse if its greasy foods (Oh and I have had my Gull Bladder checked and that was also perfectly fine) my bowel movements are perfectly normal if a bit slow (I only have one every two or so days) and I don't get diarrhea anymore than is normal, or constipation.

Please, could this be anything else? The meds that my Duke doc have given me haven't done much of anything for the pain other than dull it a tiny, tiny, bit. I'm so sick of hardly eating because it hurts so bad, Iím just 15 I want to be a normal teenager and be able to pig out on Mickey D's and not worry about going to a friendís house and having to explain why I eat so little. All my friends and their parents have come to me worried about it thinking Iím anorexic. Its disrupting my life and it's like none of my doctors have cared enough about it to actually look deeply. I just want this to be over with, Iím so scared. Please please please, I can't take this anymore!

The following user gives a hug of support to Tibby:
solofelix (08-02-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-02-2011, 11:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Doc said it's IBS, but i really doubt that it is, please help its ruining my life

Hi, Stomach pain is horrible I really feel for you as I also get my share of it and know what its like.
Did you have a COLONOSCOPY as you could have what I have (Diverticulitis) you can get quite a bit of pain with. Sometimes the pain can be right in the middle other times and more often than not its on the left side under the ribs.
It could still be IBS as it can present itself in many ways. Have you tried COLOFAC tablets, they are for IBS and might help.
Hope this helps, Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
Tibby (08-07-2011)
Old 08-03-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Bill007 HB User
Re: Doc said it's IBS, but i really doubt that it is, please help its ruining my life

Dose anyone would like a cure for Irritable Bowel Syndrome.

Hello To ALL Members

Former Irritable Bowel Syndrome Sufferer,

I sufferer from irritable bowel syndrome for years. But i found a website that help me cure this condition. If you will like to cure your ibs wants and for all starting today then just visit my signature.
Your Truly Bill 007

Closed Thread

Tags
constant stomach pain, stomach pain