It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2011, 11:17 AM   #1
(female)

Jada62 HB UserJada62 HB User
imodium and fatigue

i have had a bad flare up or virus for the last two weeks and been taking more imodium than usual (have to if i want to get out) and notice i am very sleepy all day and myh eyes are blurry.. anyone else get this??

Old 09-05-2011, 01:10 PM   #2
(female)

Correctusage HB User
Re: imodium and fatigue

Yes! I have been taking Imodium for about 2 years now, not every day but pretty often for an undiagnosed chronic D problem, and it makes me soooooo sleepy and lethargic. My work performance definitely began slipping when I started Imodium because I became very slow and lost any attention span I used to have, but without it, I couldn't sit at my desk for longer than 20 minutes.

As far as vision - I'm not sure if this is related, but after being on Imodium for 3 months (one pill a day usually), I did experience blurry vision (still do) AND developed a bunch of permanent black spots in my right eye. 1 and a half years later, the stupid annoying black spots are still there. I have NO scientific evidence relating the vision issue with the drug, but it was an instinctual realization when the spots first appeared one day. I thought "Oh this must be a side effect of the Imodium." Sadly, despite stopping Imodium, the spots remained, so I began using it again.

You might want to try only taking Imodium at night before you hit the sack, though I don't know how much you use or what it's for, exactly. Just a thought.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
(female)

Jada62 HB UserJada62 HB User
Re: imodium and fatigue

thanks for reply..i have been on Imodium for over 10 yrs..one pill would do it..not anymore..usually 6 or more i take it IBS diarreha without it i could not leave the house at all. but i do feel tired and have eye symptoms.

Closed Thread