It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-27-2011, 04:17 PM   #1
(female)

ADGuay HB User
Newly Diagnosed IBS-Nausea?

Hello all! This is officially my first post and I am hoping to relate to all of you suffering with IBS like me.

I am a 22-year-old female who has been struggling with stomach symptoms my who life. My biggest issue is my stomach cramps which are nicely controlled on hyosyamine and nausea which isnt controlled at all! I am still unsure if this is IBS related? or related to my other issue of heart burn which is nicely controlled on Prevacid. I usually get the nausea along wtih my stomach cramps which makes me think it IS IBS related. Any help would be appreciated! THanks!

Old 07-28-2012, 09:38 AM   #2
(female)

RachaelaColvin HB User
Re: Newly Diagnosed IBS-Nausea?

I also have some of the same symptoms as you.
Diarrhea, extreme and almost constant (in the morning) nausea, and some but little cramping.
I am almost sure that your nausea is related to the ibs.
If you don't mind me asking, have you had any Psychological issues in the past? Eg. Depression, diagnosis of a mental disorder, periods of extreme euphoria and extreme sadness?
I only ask because IBS is strongly related to mental status.
For instance, I have a diagnosis of IBS and a diagnosis of borderline personality disorder. I am on 50mgs of seroquel (extended release) a day. Seroquel is a mood stabilizer. I have found that this medication has nearly cured my IBS!
This proves the idea that IBS and mental status are related. On a mood stabilizer, no nausea or anything. Off, it all comes back.
If you have not had any issues like those in the past then I wouldn't be quick to say that your nausea isn't related to the ibs because for most people it really seems to be.
If you can afford it I would ask your doctor for zofran wafers.(about 15$ a tab but rlly worth it!)
They are a medication called Ondansetron. It is given to chemo therapy patients to combat the nausea of there treatments.
I've found that it is virtually impossible to vomit on let alone feel nausea.
They come in small melting tabs that you place under your tongue. They are extremely fast acting and will definitely help you.
If you can manage to keep pills down you could instead try the tablet form of it which tends to be more inexpensive. It is called mint-ondansetron.
Oh and btw, with both of these medications there are absolutely no side effects related to drowsiness!

Hope this helped!

Rachael 17yr old female

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread