It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
(male)

chipecan HB User
which Probiotic do you use?

Been having a ton of IBS symptoms since month long work trip to Mexico in September. All the fun stuff like loose stool, constipation, cold sweats, noisy stomach, cold feet, etc.
This week I had endoscopy and dr said everything looked good and biopsy's came back normal. he then said there was slight irritation in the duodenum and wants me to try gluten free for 3 weeks to see if this helps. I forgot to ask him if the irritation could be result of two weeks of high dosage of augmentin....after all it is an antibiotic and I have always heard they are tough on the GI track.

Anyway, I just ordered probiotics resuce & refresh kit from GNC along with Clear Mixing Super Fiber w/probiotics. Hoping this does the trick.

Was wondering what everyone else uses or has had luck with?

Thanks in advance!!!

Old 12-09-2011, 07:15 PM   #2
(female)

ItsMyLife486 HB User
Re: which Probiotic do you use?

I started using Florajen after a bad reaction to an antibiotic. The package said great for intestinal health so I stayed on it. It has been almost a year now and I have never felt better. I feel like I can be my old self before all this IBS crap. I still have to be careful with what I eat and do get symptoms from time to time, but in the long run I have felt great.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2011, 06:42 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: which Probiotic do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipecan View Post
Been having a ton of IBS symptoms since month long work trip to Mexico in September. All the fun stuff like loose stool, constipation, cold sweats, noisy stomach, cold feet, etc.
This week I had endoscopy and dr said everything looked good and biopsy's came back normal. he then said there was slight irritation in the duodenum and wants me to try gluten free for 3 weeks to see if this helps. I forgot to ask him if the irritation could be result of two weeks of high dosage of augmentin....after all it is an antibiotic and I have always heard they are tough on the GI track.

Anyway, I just ordered probiotics resuce & refresh kit from GNC along with Clear Mixing Super Fiber w/probiotics. Hoping this does the trick.

Was wondering what everyone else uses or has had luck with?

Thanks in advance!!!
I take acidophilus every day and eat yogurt every day to keep the good bacteria( intestinal flora) in my system because it also helps my colon spasms that cause so much pain,gas, and explosive diarrhea. I also take L-glutamine powder with my Citrucel twice a day,and digestive enzymes which help with acid reflux but it also seems to help with the IBs symptoms as well. You can take acidophilus while antibiotics and it doesn't affect the antibiotics from working.

Closed Thread