It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
(female)

shah1975 HB User
ibs or ovarian cancer????

hi pls help me out
i had this extreme wind and borborgmus 2 years ago n then it was gone.just for few weeks.after that again it came n went,now i was investigated in june with transvaginal scan and abdominal scan that everything is fine and doctor labelled it as IBS.now from past few months again im having bloating and wind-BUT ONLY IN EVENING.once i go to toilet n get rid of stool all is fine.again in the evening it starts building up.
i saw my doctor again n again and only last week she asked me to do CA-125 wich came out to be 83,,,normal range is around 20
now im extremely stressed.also after reading on internet it says ca-125can be high in cancerous and non-cancerous conditions-including PREGNAnCY.while awaiting for my scan from 2 days i got to know im pregnant.but still very stressed and cant wait for the scan to see if ovaries are fine.still having evening IBS please help!

Old 01-28-2012, 06:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: ibs or ovarian cancer????

Quote:
Originally Posted by shah1975 View Post
hi pls help me out
i had this extreme wind and borborgmus 2 years ago n then it was gone.just for few weeks.after that again it came n went,now i was investigated in june with transvaginal scan and abdominal scan that everything is fine and doctor labelled it as IBS.now from past few months again im having bloating and wind-BUT ONLY IN EVENING.once i go to toilet n get rid of stool all is fine.again in the evening it starts building up.
i saw my doctor again n again and only last week she asked me to do CA-125 wich came out to be 83,,,normal range is around 20
now im extremely stressed.also after reading on internet it says ca-125can be high in cancerous and non-cancerous conditions-including PREGNAnCY.while awaiting for my scan from 2 days i got to know im pregnant.but still very stressed and cant wait for the scan to see if ovaries are fine.still having evening IBS please help!
I know this isn't easy to do but try to remain as calm as possible because if it's IBS then stress makes it worse. You know if you're only getting the excess gas in the evening it could be something you're eating at night for dinner. I can tell you for myself when I have a lot of excess gas it's usually a very strong indication that I need to a have a bowel movement because this does relieve the excess gas. If I eat too many gassy foods this also causes a lot gas to build up and causes a lot of pain.

The following user gives a hug of support to flipfleury:
shah1975 (01-29-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread