It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #1
(female)

Sniffi HB User
Angry The horrid truth!

Hi everyone!

I've been dealing with IBS for as long as I can remember, however, I've never been properly diagnosed as I'm afraid it's something more severe.

I know I should get medical help but can't bring myself to do it.

Anyway. My question is, does anyone else ever have the symptom of not being able to completely empty your bowels?

For the last week and a half, almost every single time I use the washroom, I have to go and it's getting really annoying.

Thanks!

Old 03-18-2012, 07:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User
Re: The horrid truth!

I certainly do, I can go 6-8 times every day and still feel like there is b m there that I can't expel. Lately my bm's have changed to explosive type, at least the first of the day, actually hurts to expel but easy, next few are loose and I feel like I am empty and in a short while I feel like I need to go again. I do have hemorrids and maybe this is why the feeling but most times can go a little more. an awful feeling to have all day long. Also getting d at least once a weelk.

Hugs, Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
(female)

Sniffi HB User

Same here Linda. I've taken Imodium multiple times to try and stop it. It works for maybe an hour or two.

I'm waiting for this bout to go away. I generally only get like this once every few months or so. But this time it's been going on for two weeks.

I don't know if it's due to my having the flu or what, but I'm getting sick of it.

*Hugs*

Old 03-18-2012, 02:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

pa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB Userpa235 HB User

I tried imodium and got severe stomach cramping from it. I take metamucil except when I go good for a few days. Sure does not seem to help me with once and done. I have been getting smearing on and off and what appears to be light colored blood a few times but the hemmorids are on the war path.

Idid have a colon done within a year ago and just one tiny polyp removed but diverticulous and hemmorids.

Are we having fun? Linda

Fibromyalgia
Myofascal pain syndrome
Costochondritis
Arthritis, cervical and thorastic

Old 03-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #5
(female)

Sniffi HB User
Unhappy Re: The horrid truth!

Oooh yes, I can barely stand the amount of fun I'm having.

I can't wait til I start having good days again. I don't understand why there isn't a cure for something like this yet.

The following user gives a hug of support to Sniffi:
mandybee333 (04-06-2012)
Old 04-14-2012, 11:15 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

[QUOTE=Sniffi;4944858]Hi everyone!

I've been dealing with IBS for as long as I can remember, however, I've never been properly diagnosed as I'm afraid it's something more severe.

I know I should get medical help but can't bring myself to do it.

Anyway. My question is, does anyone else ever have the symptom of not being able to completely empty your bowels?

For the last week and a half, almost every single time I use the washroom, I have to go and it's getting really annoying.

I have IBS-A,which means I alternate between constipation and explosive bouts of diarrhea although most of the time my is being constantly constipated . Most of the time when I feel like I haven't completely emptied my bowels is ironically when I am having the explosive diarrhea and don't have any stool left inside of me except water mostly.
What I have found works the best for me with the feeling like I have still have stool inside me is to use a fiber supplement like Citrucell in the morning and at night because it adds bulk to your stool and keeps it formed ,soft and it helps me maintain regularity. Citrucell doesn't cause me an excess gas like some fiber supplements do. Because my problem is mostly constipation:I found that sitting on the toilet for 30 minutes everyday at the same time to have a bowel movement helps me not to have that feeling like I still need to move my bowels. I do slow deep breathing exercises continuously until I have a bowel movement that way I don't excessively strain or force myself to have a bowel movement. The slow deep breathing exercises help to relax and contract the anal and rectal sphincter muscles smoothly and rythmnically and it's painless. I also have less colon spasms and a lot less problems with trapped gas or passing too much gas. I hope these suggestions might help you in some way.
Having my period really can play havoc on moving my bowels on a regular basis because of the changes in estrogen levels,severe cramps for the first four days of my period,and taking Advil every 4 hours around the clock. Advil or any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs really make my constipation problems worse so I really have to work extra hard to keep my bowels moving every day.

Old 04-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #7
(female)

Jada62 HB UserJada62 HB User

i hear you..i have been having this prob since Feb..had it before but not for this long..i too will not go to hear the diag. do not want to know if there is something bad.. i am 69 just wait ti die from it!! i take lomotil and imodium still no luck with this full feeling ican go all day and still feel it is right there again!!! now i fear there is a big cancer tumor right at the end of my bowel and that is what is wrong.

Old 05-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

2HelpU HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniffi View Post
Oooh yes, I can barely stand the amount of fun I'm having.

I can't wait til I start having good days again. I don't understand why there isn't a cure for something like this yet.

I believe there is, but how many of you will understand or accept food allergy treatments that are holistic in nature? How many have looked into NAET or onto the new NAET website and read a couple of the author's (Devi Nambudripad's) books and then followed thru on them? There is nothing that I have found thru Western medical avenues that can do this unless you accidentally find thru trial and error the cause of your IBS.

My wife and I have treated our IBS symptoms (mostly caused from food allergies we have discovered) this way for 10 years and it does really work wonders as our symptoms are mostly gone and we are safely eating without symptoms what used to be considered food allergens that gave us IBS symptoms all the time. There is now newer energy medical treatment available for these problems and you can also learn to test for allergies and sensitivities yourself in the privacy of your own home. Although NAET is not a hard science, but a blend of allotropic, oriental, kinesiology, and chiropractic, it has opened up a whole new way to look at, test/treat for allergy, illness, and some diseases.

2HelpU

Last edited by 2HelpU; 05-12-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Old 05-14-2012, 01:16 PM   #9
Inactive
(male)

2HelpU HB User

I also believe that for some people that have gotten in trouble with food poisoning, etc. and/or have an infection along with food allergy problems, IBS could be a possible blend of the two.

If that is the case, you might also want to take the hydrogen breath test for SIBO . . . if it comes back positive, some doctors prescribe Xifaxen as an anti-biotic to treat for that. If you get help that way, then also work with the NAET techniques to conquer your severe allergies. After you learn to immediately test yourself by using MRO (muscle response testing) for a food item before you eat it, then you have 3 options if either going ahead to eat it and suffer the consequences, avoid it altogether, or quickly treat for it so your body can soon absorb and use its nutrition without the allergy symptoms. Untreated Allergies can possibly worsen, wreck havoc on your body, and also lead to illness and diseases.

You can also check yourself for stress and if that is a continual problem in your life, then go discover how to reduce it so it won't bother you. NAET can also treat for emotional blockages, so if you have past lingering emotional stimulations that could be causing serious problems, then go to a NAET practitioner and let them check for you.

There's a lot of things you can do for yourself besides take drugs AND what if you are allergic to a prescribed laxative or medication or even one you choose over-the-counter and don't know you are allergic to it or don't know how to test for it . . . my lord, you may never get over your gastro-intestinal problems until you gather more personal information, learn how to MRO test, and do some detective work on yourself besides just talking to doctors.

2HelpU

Last edited by 2HelpU; 05-14-2012 at 01:21 PM.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:26 PM   #10
(female)

Sniffi HB User

So it turns out my IBS only kicks in when I'm sick. I' ve been paying really close attention to it and yep, only when I'm either sick or about to get sick.

However it doesn't stop as soon as I'm well either. I can go on for weeks after the illness goes away.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Old 04-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #11
(male)

JFF104 HB User

IBS is triggered by something, different for every person. Some people trigger it with certain foods, others like myself can be triggered by stress. Although I have never heard of it your trigger could supposedly be illness.

I would advise however anyone who has IBS symptoms but has not been seen by a Doctor to do so. More than likely that you have IBS but other more serious conditions have very similar symptoms.

I myself have had every test but a colonoscopy, but I am satisfied with my IBS diagnosis.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Unhappy Re: The horrid truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFF104 View Post
IBS is triggered by something, different for every person. Some people trigger it with certain foods, others like myself can be triggered by stress. Although I have never heard of it your trigger could supposedly be illness.

I would advise however anyone who has IBS symptoms but has not been seen by a Doctor to do so. More than likely that you have IBS but other more serious conditions have very similar symptoms.

I myself have had every test but a colonoscopy, but I am satisfied with my IBS diagnosis.
Do any of you have difficulty urinating also, I have what the gastro says is uncoordinated sphincters that made me constipated, but I have the same thing urinating I go and no relief, not emptying completely anyone like this?

Old 04-03-2013, 07:07 AM   #13
(male)

JFF104 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terlin View Post
Do any of you have difficulty urinating also, I have what the gastro says is uncoordinated sphincters that made me constipated, but I have the same thing urinating I go and no relief, not emptying completely anyone like this?

Sorry, none of that for me.

Closed Thread