It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #1
(male)

jason7900 HB User
IBS, Lordosis and Amitriptylin

I am an IBS sufferer for 30 years, since I was 17. Bouts happened overy 6-8 years and generally lasted about a year and a half, then subsiding. Symptoms were bloating, stomach gurgling, acid reflux, nausea, and intermittent bouts of diahrea and constipation. I lost weight and generally felt terrible. This last bout began in November 2010 and has been a doozy. Two months ago, I noticed my spine at my mid-back began touching the back of the chair before the rest of my back. Unusual and sometimes painful. I went to my Doctor and he believes that the muscle spasming in my stomach and intestines has "bowed" my back and he calls this Lordosis. He has decided to try Amitriptylin to help calm the spasming. I would like to know if anyone on this board has tried this medication? I am still in the throes of this bout with IBS and wanted to see if anyone else here has had a similar type episode and been treated with anti-spasmodic drugs. This drug I am about to start is generally prescribed for depression. Hope it helps, but would like some input. Thanks!

Old 04-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: IBS, Lordosis and Amitriptylin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason7900 View Post
I am an IBS sufferer for 30 years, since I was 17. Bouts happened overy 6-8 years and generally lasted about a year and a half, then subsiding. Symptoms were bloating, stomach gurgling, acid reflux, nausea, and intermittent bouts of diahrea and constipation. I lost weight and generally felt terrible. This last bout began in November 2010 and has been a doozy. Two months ago, I noticed my spine at my mid-back began touching the back of the chair before the rest of my back. Unusual and sometimes painful. I went to my Doctor and he believes that the muscle spasming in my stomach and intestines has "bowed" my back and he calls this Lordosis. He has decided to try Amitriptylin to help calm the spasming. I would like to know if anyone on this board has tried this medication? I am still in the throes of this bout with IBS and wanted to see if anyone else here has had a similar type episode and been treated with anti-spasmodic drugs. This drug I am about to start is generally prescribed for depression. Hope it helps, but would like some input. Thanks!
I have had IBS since 1996 and was prescribed Bentyl for the colon spasms and I found it works well but doesn't cure it. I was told by my doctor to take acidophilus 2-3 times a day and that also helps the IBS symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread