It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
(female)

Angry Tummy HB User
Exclamation Stomach noise, bloating, and pain

Hi,

For the last year or so I have been having the worst stomach problems. They usually happen at night, or sometimes after I have eaten. I get these weird "popping noises" and feels like my stomach is trying to push out gas, but can't. It's gotten so bad that I can't do anything past 8 o'clock at night because my stomach is throwing a fit. In addition to the noises, I get really bloated, and I feel like my bra is constricting me. The only thing that seems to help is stripping down to a giant pajama shirt and laying completely straight. Sometimes Yoga helps push out the gas, but not always. I have been to the doctor twice, and he can't seem to figure it out. I've tried giving up gluten and diary, but neither helped with the noise or the pain. My roommate has suggested adding more fiber into my diet, so I've been eating these fiberone bars, but I am still having issues. It seems like there is some gas that gets trapped in my stomach, and it takes all night to work itself out. Please help!

The following user gives a hug of support to Angry Tummy:
bartonse (05-03-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2012, 09:29 AM   #2
(female)

bartonse HB Userbartonse HB User
Re: Stomach noise, bloating, and pain

Hi Angry Tummy!

I get the same problem. Awful rumbling noises, bloating and pains! I also look pregnant a lot of the time. It's been so bad sometimes that I've been close to asking my husband to take me to A&E! Actually, I was once sent there by my boss because I was in floods of tears and doubled over in pain.

From my own experiences though, extra fibre only seems to add gas. Makes me extra 'windy' and doesn't help with the pain or bloating.

However, for the past 2 months I have been restricting my calorie intake to 1200-1400 per day. I'm eating loads more fruit, nuts, chicken & eggs and a lot less pasta, bread, rice & noodles. I've also started going to zumba twice a week. My stomach has been 100 times better! I still get popping noises every now and again so am not cured but sooooo glad that i'm not having to lay down all the time.

You can also try aloe vera gel and linseeds/flaxseeds as they help your digestive system.

I hope these suggestions help. Keep us posted on your recovery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Stomach noise, bloating, and pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Tummy View Post
Hi,

For the last year or so I have been having the worst stomach problems. They usually happen at night, or sometimes after I have eaten. I get these weird "popping noises" and feels like my stomach is trying to push out gas, but can't. It's gotten so bad that I can't do anything past 8 o'clock at night because my stomach is throwing a fit. In addition to the noises, I get really bloated, and I feel like my bra is constricting me. The only thing that seems to help is stripping down to a giant pajama shirt and laying completely straight. Sometimes Yoga helps push out the gas, but not always. I have been to the doctor twice, and he can't seem to figure it out. I've tried giving up gluten and diary, but neither helped with the noise or the pain. My roommate has suggested adding more fiber into my diet, so I've been eating these fiberone bars, but I am still having issues. It seems like there is some gas that gets trapped in my stomach, and it takes all night to work itself out. Please help!
Add fiber into diet slowly over a two week period to help your digestive system get used to it. Also,make sure you drink lots of water.
Usually my gas problems are from some of the gassy foods I eat but also I get trapped gas I can't expel and that's usually a good indication I need to take time to move my bowels. For me, moving my bowels usually relieves my gas problems right away.

Closed Thread

Tags
bloating, gas, popping, stomach pain