It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2012, 06:31 PM   #1
(female)

maryei HB User
IBS incomplete elimination. please help!

Does anyone have my problem? I sure wish I could talk to someone with this problem. It takes me 3 hours in the morning, and several times to go to the bathroom. Sometimes it still doesn't completely eliminate....I can feel it, and if everything doesn't get out, it ruins my day (feeling bloated). Then around 5 or 6pm I start getting gas. I hate this, and have been dealing with it for years. Went to gastro., had colonoscopy....no help from him. I would love to hear that someone else has the same problem. I feel like I am the only one.

Old 04-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: IBS incomplete elimination. please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryei View Post
Does anyone have my problem? I sure wish I could talk to someone with this problem. It takes me 3 hours in the morning, and several times to go to the bathroom. Sometimes it still doesn't completely eliminate....I can feel it, and if everything doesn't get out, it ruins my day (feeling bloated). Then around 5 or 6pm I start getting gas. I hate this, and have been dealing with it for years. Went to gastro., had colonoscopy....no help from him. I would love to hear that someone else has the same problem. I feel like I am the only one.
You're not alone in having this problem with incomplete evacuation of bowel movements. Most of us who have IBS like me experience this at one time or another. For me most of the time it's when I am having the explosive diarrhea and I am running to the bathroom constantly sometimes for as long as 3-4 hours and it feels as though I still have something inside me when it's usually all water and no formed solid stool. Mine is usually due to something I ate that causes it but also if I am very upset or stressed out it makes it worse. I have found that taking Citrucell twice a day helps me to not have this problem as much because it adds bulk to your stools so it's soft but firm enough so that it all comes out at once and you go everyday at least once but sometimes twice. You do need to drink more water when taking Citrucell so it doesn't cause constipation. I also have a set time schedule everyday to have bowel movement that helps for your bowels to empty all at once and less likely to have the incomplete elimination. I hope this helps.

The Following User Says Thank You to flipfleury For This Useful Post:
maryei (04-30-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2012, 09:50 PM   #3
(female)

maryei HB User
Re: IBS incomplete elimination. please help!

Thanks for your help. I take Miralax every night, but it still takes several bowel movements over the period of 2-3 hrs. in the morning, to feel completely done. Even then, very often it feels like I'm not done, and I go on about my day, feeling something still inside, which makes me feel miserable all day. I don't notice any change in my system with the foods that I eat. This problem rules my life.

Closed Thread