It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #1
(female)

Twisted Metal HB UserTwisted Metal HB User
Confused can someone help me

i dont get it, my doctor keeps suggesting i have IBS but mine seems so different then all of you. I read a lot of you suffering from bad stomach pain (and i feel real bad for you BTW) and you all seem to have bouts of diarrhea and constipation and you all seem to have good days and bad days and you all seem to be releived to have a bowel movement. But not me mine is the same every single day for a year straight and it started out of the blue one day. I have no cramps no diarrhea no good days or bad days. I just have really bad constipation and bloating very bad and early fullness after eating no matter what i eat. Even when i know my body is empty of waste i still get full and bloated when i eat.

Another doctor suggested i have gastroparesis and gave me reglan which didnt help. My gastric emptying study was normal however my upper endoscopy showed i still had apple juice that i consumed 6 hours earlier in me which is why he said i have gastroparesis.

I am so confused can someone help me?

Old 05-05-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Confused can someone help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Metal View Post
i dont get it, my doctor keeps suggesting i have IBS but mine seems so different then all of you. I read a lot of you suffering from bad stomach pain (and i feel real bad for you BTW) and you all seem to have bouts of diarrhea and constipation and you all seem to have good days and bad days and you all seem to be releived to have a bowel movement. But not me mine is the same every single day for a year straight and it started out of the blue one day. I have no cramps no diarrhea no good days or bad days. I just have really bad constipation and bloating very bad and early fullness after eating no matter what i eat. Even when i know my body is empty of waste i still get full and bloated when i eat.

Another doctor suggested i have gastroparesis and gave me reglan which didnt help. My gastric emptying study was normal however my upper endoscopy showed i still had apple juice that i consumed 6 hours earlier in me which is why he said i have gastroparesis.

I am so confused can someone help me?
Your stomach is slow to empty out which can give you the full and bloated feeling. How many days in a row do go without having a bowel movement because that will also make you feel full and bloated ?
I am almost 51 years old and have had chronic constipation all my life and then I was diagnosed with IBS in June of 1996. My IBS alternates between constipation and bouts of diarrhea,although most of the time it's the constipation that is the problem.
For me,what I have found is that the constipation is due to not getting enough fiber in my diet and not drinking nearly enough water(dehydrated most of the time) and very poor bowel habits. Once I changed my diet to a high fiber diet and I make sure I drink a lot of water,and have daily set schedule for sitting on the toilet to have a bowel movement,my constipation problem goes away. As soon as I get lazy about any part of my daily routine then I have problems being able to move my bowels on a regular basis. I can't allow myself go more than 36-48 hours without having a bowel movement or it hurts to go the next time I try to have a bowel movement. When I do go more than 48 hours without moving my bowels I use a glycerin suppository to soften the stool in my rectum to make it easier and less painful to move my bowels again. I hope this will help you to relieve yourself of the pain and agony of being constantly constipated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2012, 05:46 PM   #3
(female)

Twisted Metal HB UserTwisted Metal HB User
Re: Confused can someone help me

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipfleury View Post
Your stomach is slow to empty out which can give you the full and bloated feeling. How many days in a row do go without having a bowel movement because that will also make you feel full and bloated ?
I am almost 51 years old and have had chronic constipation all my life and then I was diagnosed with IBS in June of 1996. My IBS alternates between constipation and bouts of diarrhea,although most of the time it's the constipation that is the problem.
For me,what I have found is that the constipation is due to not getting enough fiber in my diet and not drinking nearly enough water(dehydrated most of the time) and very poor bowel habits. Once I changed my diet to a high fiber diet and I make sure I drink a lot of water,and have daily set schedule for sitting on the toilet to have a bowel movement,my constipation problem goes away. As soon as I get lazy about any part of my daily routine then I have problems being able to move my bowels on a regular basis. I can't allow myself go more than 36-48 hours without having a bowel movement or it hurts to go the next time I try to have a bowel movement. When I do go more than 48 hours without moving my bowels I use a glycerin suppository to soften the stool in my rectum to make it easier and less painful to move my bowels again. I hope this will help you to relieve yourself of the pain and agony of being constantly constipated.

Thanks for replying. See that's the thing, by taking 4 tablespoons of ground flax seed everyday i am able to have at least one bowel movement a day. It is hard and dry but it comes out. Sometimes i feel like it all didn't come out but it is coming out sometimes small sometimes medium to large. Even when i take laxatives (which i don't do often maybe once a month) and i feel empty and cleaned out, i will still get full and bloated when i eat. So it's not like i am backed up and that's why i bloat. It's like the problem goes beyond just being full of poop. It feels like everything is slow or stuck. I hear all this stuff about IBS and colon spasms and pain but i don't have that. At least i think i don't. I have no idea what a colon spasm would feel like, and my symptoms don't ever change.I'ts the same thing everyday and it has not changed since it started.

I am at my wits end i don't want to live like this anymore. Even though i have already tried activia yogurt, phillips colon health probiotics and align which none did anything for me, i am going to try another probiotic. I have no other options. I am going to try one with 14 strains of bacteria in it. i don't know what else to do to help me even my doctors are reluctant to say IBS. 3 doctors all say different. one suggests ibs, one says gastroparesis, one says its all in my head.

Closed Thread