It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #1
(female)

Artist16 HB User
Not sure if I have ibs or something else?

Hi, I am new to this site. I've been having trouble with abdominal pain lately. I have always had trouble with constipation. Recently within the last year/year and a half, I have noticed a lot more cramping, even when I know I am not constipated. I have tried fiber supplements, but the cramps become worse. I then tried a probiotic called sustenex. Helped at first, then stopped. Now I drink a lot more water, and eat a lot more fiber than I ever have before. My stools are no longer as hard to pass, but I get horrible cramps, to the point I can't stand up straight, and they last from anywhere between a couple minutes to almost an hour. I have cramps/ aches after bm's that last for awhile. Usually the pain is all over, sometimes more towards my left side. This happens every day, sometimes multiple times a day. Unfortunately, I have horrible anxiety and it just makes the pain worse because I panic. I have tried peppermint oil capsules to stop the pain when it comes on for no reason. It isn't really helping. I still have to strain to pass stool even though it comes out soft. I have been worrying about this for a long time. Not sure if I should see a doctor and get tested to be safe or what is wrong. Idk if I have ibs, or something else? Any advice would be great.

Reply Reply