It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2012, 08:51 PM   #46
(female)

LouAnn53 HB UserLouAnn53 HB User
Re: IBS 20yr Misery

Counterclockwyse-thanks for thinking of me!!!

Old 10-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #47
(female)

@Seabell.....thanks you so much for your thoughts, that is so kind. Will keep you posted.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #48
(male)

counterclockwys HB User

Hello Seabell and LouAnn !

So far sooooo good about my stolen wallet.....and I did get it and do get it..LOL. But that is the funny part for me, Seabell. Even with the wedding I went to, you made the immediate "connection" about my attack and going to the wedding. You had no way of knowing that I didn't want to go at all, that I was forced to go, and that negative compulsion undid me physically and quickly too. I've never been forced to look at my emotions as a trigger for my IBS....but it seems now I really have to, its just as real as the food triggers. Maybe "meditation" might really be a help......Naaaaaaaah!! for me.

So you think Rooibos is "warm"....and you couldn't be more right! It is not about temperature but its "essence", just as peppermint tea is "cooling" and chamomile tea is "soothing", so you are really "getting it". I'm continuing to drink both fennel seed tea and rooibos tea.

Yes, I also did find Heather's Acacia fiber at our healthfood store and now can buy that locally and not have to order from Washington and that was a surprise. I've needed to get out more and look at shops like that and now I really can!! (it must be noted, however, that for 30 yrs. I've never had my wallet stolen just for going to the "big" city!!!)

On that note....I will never forget my 30 yr. journey to get here and am now 3 months post "IBS victimized".....not healed, not cured, ....but no longer held "victim" and continuing toward success one day at a time. It is wonderful being out and about freely. BTW, Seabell...I'm struggling at wondering just what you might have eaten at IHOPS that wouldn't have been a problem!!

LouAnn, you are in my thoughts and prayers everyday as "we" all count down the days to your doc appm't and trust that you will get good help and direction!

Best wishes to you all and "yours"!!! CCW

Old 10-31-2012, 05:07 PM   #49
(male)

counterclockwys HB User

Hey, Seabell.....

I so hope and pray that you and your family are safe and well, protected from "Sandy's" impact on the area...........waiting to hear!!!!!!!

CCW

Old 11-06-2012, 06:08 AM   #50
(female)

seabell HB Userseabell HB Userseabell HB User

hello! Here in NY we were hit quite badly by Hurricane Sandy. We were without power for a full week and let me tell you, it got cold at night! Power was restored yesterday (just in time for the storm tomorrow!) But when I watched the news last night and saw the devastation in NJ, Staten Island, etc, I was just horrified and felt guilty about complaning that I had no power. My heart goes out to those folks that lost so much.

Not being able to eat properly for a week, eating at the wrong time, and eating the wrong things in greasy diners (lots of hot choc, coffee, and soups) did mess my tummy up a bit. My stools are loose, floating, and for the first time in a LONG time, spotted with mucous (always a sign that my intestines are inflamed). I woke up a few nights with cramps that had me almost falling out of bed. I doubled up on my fiber and am planning on eating simply this week.

There is a direct connection between our emotions and our guts. Living with IBS is not just about food. I know that when I get extremely nervous or angry about something, no matter how good I've been eating or taking my fiber, I'll end up on the toilet. That's why meditation helps... lol. I walk around going "ohhhmmmm" all day and being calm. (just kidding!)

Hope all is well!

SB

The following user gives a hug of support to seabell:
counterclockwys (11-08-2012)
Old 11-08-2012, 07:52 AM   #51
(male)

counterclockwys HB User

Good Morning, SB!!!

I tell you I'm so relieved to get your post...I've been so concerned for everyone in the area and especially for you and your family. I know what it is like to be without power for a week....due to our severe ice storm several years ago. Our yard and 23 trees were devestated and looked like a battle zone. But we do have a "Earth Stove" and burned wood for heat, and cooked off the top of the stove until power was restored....we got thru it! I know it's been a hard time and I'm glad you are "getting thru it". Did you wake up to snow this morning(not to make matters worse)?

I'm only now beginning to learn how my emotions affect my IBS. Our youngest living son and the last one at home left Tuesday morning for "Basic Training" at Ft. Jackson in South Carolina and then "AIT" at Ft. Lee in Virginia.
He will be gone for 8 months! This came as a surprise because he was already accepted at college, but still proud of his decision and happy for him. Didn't think his leaving would affect me....wrong! And you are so right about still eating "right" and being affected anyway.

I know you know exactly what to do to get "back on track" and I hope your recovery is quick and painless...and I'll add some "ohhhmmm's" for you the next couple of days just to help out!!! And I'm not kidding.....I'll let you know how everyone around me responds!

Hey, LouAnn!....5 more days and counting down!!! Have you been doing any better or getting any relief? We continue to send positive thoughts your way

Best wishes to All.....CCW!

Old 11-08-2012, 03:28 PM   #52
(female)

greeneyez 1966 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by louann53 View Post
this may be a long thread, but my so called ibs is 20yrs. I am 59 years old and have been suffering for about 20yrs. Here is how is goes: I get the urge to have a bowel movement, visit the bathroom and relieve myself. No pain, no problem. About 20 min to 1/2 hour later, i once again get the urge to visit the bathroom again....this time i have a little intestinal pain, and bowels are a little softer. I finish this visit and again about 1/2 hour later i visit the bathroom again, intestinal pain is growing more intense with each visit. To make a long story short, i visit the bathroom every half hour for around three to four hours, but have no more bowels to pass, and my intestinal track is having extremely intense spasms trying to pass bowel that is no longer there. The pain is my lower stomach is as severe as childbirth, my rectum is trying to push out something that is not there. The pain is enough to make me want to scream as though i am having a baby. I know the pain of childbirth. I had a colonoscopy 9 years ago and they removed two non-cancerous polyps and told me to come back in 10yrs. I currently am taking 60mg of dicyclomine when i get an attack. I have lost no weight. I do have bright red blood in the toilet and blame this on hemmorids. Does anyone have any of these severe spastic colon symptoms??
... Hello i am going thru the same issues i was just told by my dr i have internal hemmoroids . I had some blood in the toilet a week ago and i was getting pressure in my rectum like something was in there thats when i went too er cuz i panicked and was told i had that so im not sure if thats related too the other symptoms with my stomache but i get a rumbly feeling in there i dont have much 0f an appetite and my stools are yellow and lose and i had some discomfort in my belly and back i was constipated awhile back now they are just loose yellow stools can this be ibs also ??

Old 11-19-2012, 02:39 PM   #53
(male)

counterclockwys HB User

Hey All !!!

To Greeneyez 1966....Welcome to this thread! Since you posted to LouAnn53's beginning post I will let her be the first to respond to your questions. We have been waiting for her doctor's appointment on the 13th to find out if she was given any specific info on where she is at with her troubles...it may be that she now has info that will help you, too! Have you followed the rest of the posts on this thread....and did Seabell's response to LouAnn 53 give you any help for your similar physical condition ?...she has had some of the same exact physical conditions ....I hope things are getting better for you!!

To LouAnn53...Well, please let us know how your doctor's appointment went. Did you get definitive info to guide you on a course of treatment that will help resolve your issues? Were you able to do anything prior to your doc visit to relieve any symptoms you were having....I know you were suffering and I'm hoping that you are improving and getting better, too!!

To Seabell...I'm losing weight...have lost 10lbs...and my pants no longer cling to my narrowing hips...its been a long, long time since I've had that problem! Tomorrow I'm going way out on a limb....the family wants to go back home for Thanksgiving...750 miles to Indiana! I'll pack all my "stuff" and hope for the best. Physically I'm pretty stable and doing well...but I'm worried (right, like that's gunna help!)) about all the emotion involved that might "undo" me. I've also decided to take "Kitty" on the trip...longest voyage of her life and I sure hope she's up for it!! Got any suggestions that might help keep me stable....Ohmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm? !

To you all, I wish the very best Thanksgiving ever! And to SB...I am incredibly thankful for the discovery of new life and health that would allow me the courage to make this trip... a huge Thank You!!

CCW

The following user gives a hug of support to counterclockwys:
LouAnn53 (11-19-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #54
(female)

Hello and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

CCW...great minds think alike...while I was making dinner tonight I thought of LouAnn and wondered what the doctor had to tell her. I hope she got good news and helpful news. LouAnn...check in please!

You're losing weight and I'm gaining because I can eat out (and believe me, I've been taking full advantage!) And of course, since I couldn't eat anything for so long, I'm like a kid in a candy store and have to try everything! Last night hubby and I went out to dinner for our anniversary, 2 bottles of wine (oh my!), appetizer, entree and dessert...I didn't get hungry today until about 4:00!

I wish you a safe and uneventful trip CCW. I'm sure "Kitty" will purr all thru those many miles. Eat light tonight, take a little extra fiber and maybe another Imodium before you hit the road. Bring crackers with you in the car so you can nibble and not have to worry about stopping at greasy diners along the way. I always have on hand peanut butter crackers when I travel. Here's another trick that may work for you...if you feel like you're getting a nervous tummy while traveling, gently press the skin between your thumb and forefinger and increase the pressure til it hurts. My dentist told me that one and it works at times. If you are standing in line and your tummy acts up, stand on one foot. (I told you I'd try anything! LOL)

I hope you have a very enjoyable trip! Check in when you return and let me know how things went.

SB

The following user gives a hug of support to seabell:
LouAnn53 (11-19-2012)
Old 11-19-2012, 07:25 PM   #55
(female)

Well I am sitting here going thru my colonscopy prep...not fun! I am having the procedure done tomorrow at 8:45. The doc gave me two new meds.....hyoscyamine to take one a day.....if i get an attack then I take the same meds, but I put it under my tongue. Seems to have helped some. Will at least maybe know something tomorrow. Keep me in your prayers please...... and thanks for remembering me!

Old 11-20-2012, 05:15 AM   #56
(female)

Oh LouAnn...you are certainly in my prayers today. I actually shuddered when I read the word 'prep'. Ugh. Please let us know how you are doing.

I'm glad the meds are working!

WIshing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving!

SB

Old 11-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #57
(male)

counterclockwys HB User

Prayer for LouAnn

"Father God, grant to LouAnn the comforting peace and knowledge that this day she is in your capable hands.....and that You are directing the hands, the minds, and the the hearts of the physicians who are attending her. We pray that You would give them discernment and wisdom to attend to her needs and to direct a course to resolve the difficult symptoms that she has been experiencing. Relieve her pain and suffering, release her from any fears she may have because You are watching over her and You know what she needs in the way of healing. Thank you for hearing this prayer, Lord!

ccw

The following user gives a hug of support to counterclockwys:
LouAnn53 (11-20-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to counterclockwys For This Useful Post:
LouAnn53 (11-20-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #58
(female)

Counterclockwys....what a beautiful, beautiful prayer!!! The Lord was right there on the table with me this morning.....he held my hand during the procedure and I was not afraid. Everything turned out well......had two very small polyps removed ( benign)and all looked good. I guess I will still have to deal with the IBS..... started a new med that seems to be working somewhat ( hyoscyamine)......Thank you for your support and for your prayers!!! God Bless!

Old 11-28-2012, 06:59 PM   #59
(male)

counterclockwys HB User

Hello once again to you all!

To Seabell....my wonderful mentor! The trip back to Indiana was a great opportunity to see if the post IBS "life" was for real and not just a fluke. The whole trip was a safe one..thank you! But started so funny....45 minutes out my mind was focusing on "I'm gonna make six hours driving, I'm gonna make six hours driving" when I heard my wife's voice,"I've got to go". My concentration was elsewhere so I just said, "Go where?". Of course, she said,"I've got to go potty!". I just laughed and said, "You've got to be kidding...that's suppose to be my story!?...and, yes we did stop. Kitty did "purrrrrr" all the way there and back and at 75mph(oops!) she gave us 27.7 miles to the gallon...what a great car! I heeded all your helpful suggestions (except for the pinch part...I didn't need it!) and I was prepared, ready and AOK all through the trip there, while there, and all the way back. No issues, regular stools, no rushing about with an accident...but I didn't make any mistakes, either. I kept to my daily normal intake schedule because I took everything with me including my oatmeal...and it all worked as if I was back home. Thank you so much for your helpful "prep" suggestions....they were right on and led to an uneventful total trip I would never have done before....its really become a "Its a wonderful life!" episode...thank you so much. I was watching TV tonight for the lighting of the tree at Rock Center...did I see you and your family there somewhere!(lol). I hope that your Thanksgiving was something special....

To LouAnn.....congratulations on your good news report...and a sighhhhh of relief and "Thank You, Lord!". But, yes, you still do have to deal with the IBS part. Does your new medicine help relieve your previous issues, any diet changes, fiber additions, drinking wonderful teas(!) or anything else that's helping? How can we help you now? We all are still learning and sharing...

A Happily returned CCW!

Old 11-28-2012, 09:04 PM   #60
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by counterclockwys View Post
Hello once again to you all!

To Seabell....my wonderful mentor! The trip back to Indiana was a great opportunity to see if the post IBS "life" was for real and not just a fluke. The whole trip was a safe one..thank you! But started so funny....45 minutes out my mind was focusing on "I'm gonna make six hours driving, I'm gonna make six hours driving" when I heard my wife's voice,"I've got to go". My concentration was elsewhere so I just said, "Go where?". Of course, she said,"I've got to go potty!". I just laughed and said, "You've got to be kidding...that's suppose to be my story!?...and, yes we did stop. Kitty did "purrrrrr" all the way there and back and at 75mph(oops!) she gave us 27.7 miles to the gallon...what a great car! I heeded all your helpful suggestions (except for the pinch part...I didn't need it!) and I was prepared, ready and AOK all through the trip there, while there, and all the way back. No issues, regular stools, no rushing about with an accident...but I didn't make any mistakes, either. I kept to my daily normal intake schedule because I took everything with me including my oatmeal...and it all worked as if I was back home. Thank you so much for your helpful "prep" suggestions....they were right on and led to an uneventful total trip I would never have done before....its really become a "Its a wonderful life!" episode...thank you so much. I was watching TV tonight for the lighting of the tree at Rock Center...did I see you and your family there somewhere!(lol). I hope that your Thanksgiving was something special....

To LouAnn.....congratulations on your good news report...and a sighhhhh of relief and "Thank You, Lord!". But, yes, you still do have to deal with the IBS part. Does your new medicine help relieve your previous issues, any diet changes, fiber additions, drinking wonderful teas(!) or anything else that's helping? How can we help you now? We all are still learning and sharing...

A Happily returned CCW!

Reply Reply