It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2012, 11:46 PM   #1
(female)

Noella HB User
Symptoms from IBS?

Hi, I do consider myself to be generally healthy but have lived most of my life with Irritable Bowel Symptoms including the ones I don't like to talk about, bloating, major discomfort, tiredness, temporary numbess in my arm. I've had near fainting a number of times in the past, but it seems to be happening a bit more lately, my nails are extremely soft and a couple have temporarily bent backwards (by themselves) then go back to normal. I eat a relatively healthy diet lots of fruits and veggie, turkey and such. For the last year I've cut back on the sugar due to a yeast infection in my mouth. None of this stops me from my daily activities so I keep going. I think this all ties together with the IBS. Would you agree?

While I have been to doctors a couple of times they have not diagnosed me. I get advice such as...eat more fibre, reactive the acid in your stomach by taking these tablets. I'm cutting down on gluton, dairy and sugar and continue to do lots of walking.

Old 05-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Symptoms from IBS?

Hi because of the numbness and near fainting I would want an MRI from someone. Maybe a regular doctor would order one but if a neurologist can be seen with insurance permission instead the neuro Dr. might be the best option. A lump or aneurysm might even cause bowel problems. I would get it as soon as can be managed. If numbness or near fainting occur an E.R. might be an option. sjb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
(female)

Noella HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Hi because of the numbness and near fainting I would want an MRI from someone. Maybe a regular doctor would order one but if a neurologist can be seen with insurance permission instead the neuro Dr. might be the best option. A lump or aneurysm might even cause bowel problems. I would get it as soon as can be managed. If numbness or near fainting occur an E.R. might be an option. sjb
Thanks very much, I appreciate your input. Its been going on for so many years you wonder if it is just what you must live with.

Old 05-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi Wecome to the boards, by the way, yes if it does not grow and worsen or become life threatening. Are the symptoms the same as they have always been? Turkey makes one very tired. Most of the people I have met sleep afterward at thanksgiving time. Bloating may be caused by fermentation of the digestive system from bacteria that enter there with say poorly cooked meat or simply that the germs did not die with it. Yogurt in my opinion may also increase the gas because bacteria release gas. Lately even bread is manufactured using cultured wheat and when it says this I do not like to use it for that reason. I prefer my own or bread that does not have it, there are a few types that do not have this.

Last edited by sjb; 05-30-2012 at 06:56 PM. Reason: addition made

Closed Thread

Tags
fainting, numbess