It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
(female)

sammi161 HB User
Unhappy Nausea, cramps and diarheaa

Hi,

I am after some help. For a long time now i have suffered with the same problem. It use to only be when i had been on a girls night out i got these attacks but now it is at least twice a week. Basically i can be fine all day then around 7pm i start to get really bad wind, followed by belly ache then the rush to use the bathroom. This will last for around 2-3 hours then i feel normal again.

I have been to see the dr on several occassions and they just pass it iff as a lifestyle thing. It is now begining to really grieve me as i have 3 young children, my husband works 12 hour shifts and once the attack is here it is really hard to do anything.

I have researched IBS myself and done trial and error with a food diary. The thing is i can eat something one day and feel fine but then eat it again another day have one of the attacks. I have read that stress can also cause it so i joined a gym and work out at least 3 times a week. But still no help.

Can anyone recommend anything???

Thank you x

Old 06-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #2
(female)

seabell HB Userseabell HB Userseabell HB User
Re: Nausea, cramps and diarheaa

I bet with 3 young kids you rush around a lot! Try not to rush while you are eating. Take small bites and chew, give up carbonated drinks, but stay hydrated with lots of water. Have you tried giving up all dairy for a while? You have to go without for at least 2 weeks to see a difference. I know if I eat a lot of dairy, I get the gassies.

Try to eat some complex carbs at meals, and not a lot of fruit or veggies for a while to see if that helps.

Food diaries are hard to keep...you have to do it for a long time to see any rhyme or reason. I know now, after 20 years of IBS-D, that I can have a salad one day, but not 2 days in a row, same with chinese food. I can also have something like a double pepperoni sausage pizza and be fine, and a saltine cracker will set me off a week later.

As I mentioned in another post, acacia fiber has been my lifesaver. Not the stuff you buy in the drugstore like metamucil or fibercon, that just made my IBS worse.

SB

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
(female)

CFLNJ89 HB User
Re: Nausea, cramps and diarheaa

Food diaries can only help so much. I too can have something one day and be fine but not the next. There are certain things youll learn will do it no matter what. For example milk, coffee, soda, and anything diet will automatically give me an episode. However ive had cereal with milk before and have been fine....two days in a row and its a fail. A lot of things affect your stomach so diet can only go so far. I mean if i took out all the things that have triggered my stomach i wouldnt be eating anything. Try to eat slowly and with small portions. Also cold drinks can make it worse try drinks that are closer to room temperature with no acid or carbonation.

Reply Reply