It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
(female)

Nicoledeming HB User
Not sure if this is IBS?... symptoms are... help!

Hey everyone. I am hoping that someone might be of some help. I am 30 yrs old and for the past year I have been having a lot of mucus when I wipe . I have lost a lot of weight. I go from loose stools to constipation. Stomach grumbling, right side pain on and off. Gas and bloating. I have to get a ct scan in the morning for my right side tenderness. The Dr scheduled a colonoscopy but it isn't until July. Anyone else suffer from these symptoms?

Old 06-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Not sure if this is IBS?... symptoms are... help!

That certainly could be IBS. It sounds like the doctor is checking to make sure that nothing more serious is going on, which is good, but for now, you might as well assume it's IBS and try to control it.

The best treatment for that is to experiment with diet. You need the right amount of fiber in each meal. Whole grains, beans, veggies and fruit are the 4 main sources of fiber, and each will affect your stomach differently. For example, fruit probably has the strongest laxative effect, so you don't want to eat too much at once.

Other than that, just hang in there and see what the tests show.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2012, 06:46 AM   #3
(male)

SickinNJ HB UserSickinNJ HB User

It sounds like to me you either have bad IBS or you could have IBD (Colitis or Chron's) Your symptoms fit both, they are very similar in that way but completely different in what they are.

That said IBD it is controllable with Diet and the proper medication. Don't get worked up, just wait to see what you have first.

Old 06-21-2012, 08:55 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicoledeming View Post
Hey everyone. I am hoping that someone might be of some help. I am 30 yrs old and for the past year I have been having a lot of mucus when I wipe . I have lost a lot of weight. I go from loose stools to constipation. Stomach grumbling, right side pain on and off. Gas and bloating. I have to get a ct scan in the morning for my right side tenderness. The Dr scheduled a colonoscopy but it isn't until July. Anyone else suffer from these symptoms?
Many of the symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome except for the losing weight part. You shouldn't be losing weight if you have IBS and not something else. Are you not eating or having problems with vomiting ? This needs to be checked out by a doctor to make sure there is nothing more serious wrong than IBS.

Old 06-22-2012, 05:18 AM   #5
(female)

Nicoledeming HB User

Well,
I had my Ct Scan on my abdomen and pelvis yesterday and it all came back normal. I am waiting on my blood results and then my Colonoscopy isn't until July. I have cut back on eating. I don't have a huge appetite lately. I am usually stressed out all the time. I do have Anxiety disorder. Both of my kids have autism so I think most of my life is stress. lol.....
I go straight from constipation for almost a week to water explosive diarrhea with a TON of nonstop stomach gurgling

Reply Reply