It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2012, 10:26 AM   #1
(female)

AtomicDani HB User
colonoscopy on Tuesday

I'll be having a colonoscopy done this coming Tuesday. Does anyone that has had this procedure done before has any advice to make the process as easy as can be? I'm more nervous about the day before with all the prep work then the actual procedure. Thanks!

Old 06-29-2012, 11:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: colonoscopy on Tuesday

Hi,
Hope you read this before your Colonoscopy.
Have No fear, I have had two. You will be sedated and will not know anything about it.
Afterwards you may feel a little bloated and pass wind quite often but you should have no other symptoms.
I went home after mine which was at 4 pm and had my dinner at 6.00 pm and then took an early night and felt fine next day.
Good luck and dont worry, if I had another one I wouldn't give it any thought,

Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #3
(male)

Rich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB User

Yeah, what solofelix said...

Old 06-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #4
(female)

AtomicDani HB User

That is really good to hear! I was a little worried that the day after is the Fourth of July. Any tricks for making the prep easy? I've read to use baby wipes and keep books in the bathroom.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:13 PM   #5
(male)

Rich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB User

No. There's nothing to worry about or prep for. The most uncomfortable part is doing the flush they give you before the procedure. Most everything is normal after the procedure. Relax and go with it. You'll do fine. Let us know how it went afterward.

M.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:20 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
YES you will use the Bathroom a number of times but I didn't find that a problem. No need for babywipes just do your normal routine.
I even went out for short trips between episodes and I'm the wrong side of sixty. So honestly its no big deal.
Good Luck,

Solofelix.

Old 07-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #7
(female)

AtomicDani HB User

Thanks, I am not as nervous as I first was.

Old 09-14-2012, 10:55 AM   #8
(female)

kasannshep HB User

I wish they sedated you here in the uk, I have had two one five years ago and the latest 3 months past, and I would never again have it done with out sedation, some are ok, the doc said it depends on each individual how your intestines are, don't get me wrong it dose not take long to do maybe 10 mins, and afterwards apart from letting out the gas they pump into you , you are fine and able to leave the hospital,

Closed Thread