It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

worrywort HB Userworrywort HB Userworrywort HB User
3rd colonoscopy!

Hi all! I have been suffering with ibs for many years and I have had 2 colonoscopy's now gonna have my 3rd!!!! I am only 33! now I have more pain predominate ibs when before it was ibs-d and occasionally c. So frustrated! Thinking I might be gluten intolerant! having issues with Anemia! My question is, what is the best fiber to start with? My test is about 3 weeks out so I want to do something in the mean time to help! thanks!!!

Old 07-25-2012, 06:04 PM   #2
(female)

melgag21 HB User
Re: 3rd colonoscopy!

Hi! I have no fiber advice- I take gummy ones and they're not bad. I just wanted to comment how similar we are! I am 34, going in 2 weeks for my 3rd EGD (2 of them I had a colonoscopy at same time). Severe iron deficiency anemia. They were convinced it was Celaic/gluten problem for a long time but my bloodwork for it is negative. And I had 2 c-sections, in 07 and 10! I am mostly IBS-D, definately pain too. Anyways, you're not alone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #3
(female)

Artist16 HB User
Re: 3rd colonoscopy!

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I just had my first colonoscopy early this week, and I know now how they aren't fun. I have had problems with constipation, so I have had different types of fiber for awhile now. My GI recently told me to take metamucil, and work up to the highest dosage after a little while. It's supposed to be like a completely natural laxative because it's pure psyllium. This might work for you I'm only 19, and it was pretty gentle on my system. I bought the flavorless brand instead of the orange flavor so I can mix it with anything.
Good luck with your scope and hope you find a good fiber supplement to use in the mean time.

Closed Thread