It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2012, 12:32 PM   #1
(male)

alberto3jimenez HB User
Red face IBS and other

First i have to say that im 19 and i suffered a back injury a year ago in track and field and really messed my back up then half a year after that i had got my appendix removed then now i had went the hospital and said i might have IBS abdominal pain comes and goes through out the day along with mild acid reflux and seem to pass more gas while on the toilet my stools are narrow and always seem to feel weak after my bowelmovements which is about 5 times a day at the very least 8.5 out of 10 times there is yellow mucas in my stools. I really just need more tips cause i want to be prepared because as i do research always seems that im finding things out late.And when i feel the need to go to the bathroom and i go right away its a small amount of stool but then 10 mins later im sitting again on the toilet, is it okay for me to wait moments and go all at once ??

Last edited by alberto3jimenez; 07-13-2012 at 12:37 PM.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #2
(male)

Rich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB User
Re: IBS and other

I've had similar kinds of issues over the years. Do your stools float or is the odor peculiar (meaning different than usual)?

Last edited by Rich775; 07-13-2012 at 04:10 PM. Reason: spelling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2012, 03:52 PM   #3
(male)

alberto3jimenez HB User

actually yes the odor isnt the usual and no they don't float and i forgot to mention that i also have a little testicualr pain before and after my bowel movements.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:24 PM   #4
(male)

Rich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB UserRich775 HB User

I don't know. Testicular pain doesn't fit with anything I'm familiar with. IBS certainly fits, but that's just a catch-all diagnosis for chronically irritated/malfunctioning bowels when a specific disease isn't detectable. If you have a regular doc or a GI doc you might ask them whether a celiac test is warranted. Celiac is a disease that is basically gluten (wheat) intolerance.

If you want to experiment before seeing a doc again, you could try two things:
1. Eliminate wheat and anything that contains wheat from your diet.
2. Try a probiotic. It's expensive but a pharmaceutical grade probiotic like Align can be purchased OTC from most drug stores as well as discount stores like Sam's.

If you combine these two things and you see positive results after 2 weeks, that would help narrow down the possible problems. Let us know if you have questions, and let us know if you try it and get positive results.

Good luck to you.

M.

Old 07-13-2012, 11:24 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alberto3jimenez View Post
First i have to say that im 19 and i suffered a back injury a year ago in track and field and really messed my back up then half a year after that i had got my appendix removed then now i had went the hospital and said i might have IBS abdominal pain comes and goes through out the day along with mild acid reflux and seem to pass more gas while on the toilet my stools are narrow and always seem to feel weak after my bowelmovements which is about 5 times a day at the very least 8.5 out of 10 times there is yellow mucas in my stools. I really just need more tips cause i want to be prepared because as i do research always seems that im finding things out late.And when i feel the need to go to the bathroom and i go right away its a small amount of stool but then 10 mins later im sitting again on the toilet, is it okay for me to wait moments and go all at once ??
Keep a food and BM diary for 2 weeks. write down everything you eat and what time and every time you have a BM write down what time and the color,consistency, how much,did you have lots of gas,severe abdominal cramping,explosive diarrhea. This will help you to see what foods are causing the most problems with your BM's.
When you do have to go and have a BM,stay on the toilet for another 10-15 minutes to see if there if your bowels are finished moving. Read,listen to music, do slow deep breathing exercises to help you to relax so that the anal and rectal sphincter muscles relax making it easier to go.( a lot less pain if you're totally relaxed.)
Drink more water because if you're having diarrhea type BM's all the time,that can make you feel weak because you're becoming dehydrated. To help firm up your BM's eat bananas,plain white rice,applesauce,plain white toast(no butter on the rice or toast.) Be careful how much you eat of these foods because the bananas,white rice,and white toast could cause you to go the other way and become constipated especially if you're already dehydrated.
Foods that usually contribute to gas,severe abdominal cramps,explosive diarrhea are : spicy,acidic,very gassy foods like beans,asparagus, brussel sprouts,saurkraut. Sometimes foods or a meal very high fat can cause very painful burning explosive diarrhea.
Citrucel or metamucil will help add bulk to your stools and help to maintain regularity( in the am at breakfast and in pm after work or school.)
I have found for myself that having a set time schedule every day to sit on the toilet to move my bowels not only helps prevent constipation in my case but also it helps reduce the IBS symptoms to almost nothing. I allow up to 30 minutes to move my bowels every day. Listening to relaxing music and doing the slow deep breathing exercises helps to facilitate in moving my bowels with no pain because I am relaxed. Mind you I do this very early in the morning before anyone is up so I don't feel rushed and I am able to relax easier. I something here will help you in some way.

Closed Thread