It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2012, 11:40 AM   #1
(female)

michan HB Usermichan HB User
Unhappy Symptom getting worse every year... diarrhea

I got diagnosed as IBS about 5 years ago, when I was 15.
I was stressed from exams, school life, course work... Doctor recogns that Its probably caused by all the stress.
Before that I was one of those people who hardly ever get sick and if I do it only lasts for a few hours and ill be back on my feet.

My symptom started as extreme gas, gas gas and GAS.
My stomach felt like a balloon, I can feel how my stomach is getting inflated and when it gets bad it feels like my stomach will explode in any seconds.
Its like... the feeling where you just want to poke with needle and pop! But obviously when you're at school or anywhere surrounded by many people you can't just simply 'fart'.
Anyway. The extreme gas continued for 3 years. No medicine was helpful.
The only remedy was to actually let the gas out.
I didn't have any other symptom such as diarrhea or constipation.

Then... my sympton suddenly got worse. I now experience chronic diarrhea and constipation. Stomach pains, nausea and fatigue.
I checked with doctors so many times and they finally found out that I had a gallstone so they removed it on June.

Now my gallstone (and gallbladder) is gone, but the symptom is still the same.
In fact, because of the surgery my body has lost a lot of energy and the symptom feels like its getting worse.
Right now I can not eat anything solid, if I do eat solid thing I'll be running into toilet. Sorry to sound disgusting but my stool is often bright yellow.

When I had my surgery my doctor also did endoscopy and checked if I have any bacteria or other things and there were no bacteria or any infection, just 'inflamed'.

Chronic diarrhea everyday, nausea, stomach cramps, chronic fatigue...
Im guessing its all from IBS and I have no idea what to do next.
Im avoiding all dairy food, fatty or spicy food. Only sticking with bland.
Drinking plenty of fluids every day (at least 1.5l a day) and Im still unwell.

Please help, are there any hope for me to get better just like I used to be?
I still can't accept the fact that Im really ill every single day.
I have so many things that I want to do and need to do.

Im fed up with wasting my day suffering from pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
(male)

captcweed HB User
Re: Symptom getting worse every year... diarrhea

Quote:
Originally Posted by michan View Post
I was stressed from exams, school life, course work... Doctor recogns that Its probably caused by all the stress.
Before that I was one of those people who hardly ever get sick and if I do it only lasts for a few hours and ill be back on my feet.

My stomach felt like a balloon, I can feel how my stomach is getting inflated and when it gets bad it feels like my stomach will explode in any seconds.
Its like... the feeling where you just want to poke with needle and pop! But obviously when you're at school or anywhere surrounded by many people you can't just simply 'fart'.

Then... my sympton suddenly got worse. I now experience chronic diarrhea and constipation. Stomach pains, nausea and fatigue.
I checked with doctors so many times and they finally found out that I had a gallstone so they removed it on June.

In fact, because of the surgery my body has lost a lot of energy and the symptom feels like its getting worse.
Right now I can not eat anything solid, if I do eat solid thing I'll be running into toilet. Sorry to sound disgusting but my stool is often bright yellow.

When I had my surgery my doctor also did endoscopy and checked if I have any bacteria or other things and there were no bacteria or any infection, just 'inflamed'.

Been there & done that for over 10 years, ive tried every diet, medication etc. I barely leave my home as a result of the urgency of the bathroom. I keep a boat porta john in my van or I would never be able to go anywhere. Most night im up 6-12 times in sever pain till im done going, sometimes i cant believe the amout of trips to the bathroom. The pain is so bad that I find my knees in my chest. If I have things to do during the day as in DR'S appt or a test I have to starve myself as to not need the bathroom from the first thing i eat. Its horrible, its deoressing & its killed my ambition. I have been a service Plumber my entire life & im 48, im at the point where i cant even work as i need a bathroom too often. Ive gone through the rigors of trying to get disability & they reject me after all my years of hard work & contributions. I have no answers I just wanted u to know that u are not alone...MY problems progressed & have gotten worse by the years...

Old 10-02-2012, 01:08 PM   #3
(female)

trish6614 HB User
Re: Symptom getting worse every year... diarrhea

Quote:
Originally Posted by michan View Post

I would try VSL#3 it literally saved me, I posted my whole story on another post if you wanna check it out, way to long to redo it.

Closed Thread