It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-12-2012, 11:17 AM   #1
(male)

deadendstreet HB User
Loose stools questions

Hey all,

In June I started having acid reflux problems (chest pain, burping, nausea). My dr put me on prilosec and then nexium. Both of those relieved all of my symptoms, except the nausea. So, I go to a chiropractor and he (seriously) helped me with my nausea. It was amazing. So I haven't had any nausea since.

OK, so last month I had a bad case of diarrhea, it lasted 24 hours and went away. I'm pretty sure it was a stomach bug because my wife had it before me.

Then, last Thursday, I had another bad case. Once again it was 24 hours and then went away.

All is good until last night. Last night I had loose stools (not diarrhea, just loose) and that has continued through today (twice today, just once last night).

My question is should i be worried? Several weeks ago I set up an appointment to see a gastroenterologist, but I can't get in until Oct. 12. Does this sound like something serious or could it be IBS. I haven't had any urgency today, not sure if that matters or not. Do I need to call my dr back? Or can it wait until the 12th next month?

Thanks for your help. I should add that I'm usually pretty healthy. I'm 6'3 185 pounds. I run two to three times a week. I only eat out once, maybe twice a week. I've been eating pretty plain (high fiber cereal for breakfest, sandwich for lunch.)

Closed Thread