It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2012, 03:47 PM   #16
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: How to stop stomach spasms?

Yes they can do stool cultures and get cultures fromEGD. But, because so common i just call dr say i want Rx for yeast and get it. My dr gives 5, most give 1 or 2. Its so easy. Not worth money for tests in my opinion. Fainting!,,?.. WOW. Hard to say on this limited space but your dr should see you. Could be autonomic nervous system response( another name sympathetic nervous system response, same thing) but WHY? With all the heart beat weirdness & breathlessness i think that i would be checked. Probiotics are good for you but fighting yeast, not so sure. If me, i would call & get rx from my dr for yeast( my dr gave me diflucan), see what subsides symptom wise & if not totally better i would go in.

Old 10-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #17
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

P.s. i dont know if possibility but make sure you are not pregnant before taking anything. And google autonomic nervous system response so that you can learn what it is. I have ulcerative colitis and gastritis/ stomach uicers and take omeprazole. It helps both. Really chest pressure, bad taste, heartbeat in weird places, fainting dont fall in line with either. Think time to see dr. If not gastroenterologist maybe you should try one. Thats just my opinion & i dont want you to take chances or keep feeling bad. But, if not pregnant i would call my dr for yeast Rx first. Hope you get better soon. So sorry all this is happening!I saw in other posts that you areREALLY concerned about taking ppi's. I wouldn't want you to blame such symptoms on side effects & not get checked. You shouldnt be afraid if gastro wants to do egd or colonoscopy, with these symptoms in my opinion i wouldnt guess anymore. Youneed solid answers from your dr.

Last edited by gmak; 10-12-2012 at 05:32 PM. Reason: read more posts

The Following User Says Thank You to gmak For This Useful Post:
Gugulimo (10-12-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2012, 06:34 PM   #18
(female)

Gugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB User

Hi Gmak :-) Fainting was 'analysed' by the doctor and said it may have been due to pressure drops. He kind of explained to me how that is possible but I have now forgotten. Something to do with how the gastritis worked with the breathlessness if I remember right. This fainting went away two month ago and didn't return. So, not to worry, this was resolved for good. Did ECHO and ECG due to the strange heart beat and both came out alright. The gastritis was upsetting everything (apparently some get this rapid heartbeat).

I will look in to this yeast matter and thanks so much for pointing this out. I've lost quite a lot of faith in my doctor hence I feel like I cannot go back to him. He got me confused with another patient and wrote me a CT scan. I nearly went to get it (all that radiation!) but double checked to see whether I REALLY needed it because I was not showing signs of ulcers or anything else...just gas gas gas. Then I found that he did that by mistake because he got me confused with a different patient. Things like this and also, I kept telling him that I've had gastritis for like 10 years and he kept repeating from time to time "wonder why this condition came all of a sudden" and also "if it was someone who had this condition for a long time I'd wouldn't have been troubled". So...is he even hearing what I'm saying...I wonder! :-( I felt that he was asking me to go get the endo and the colonoscopy done because he was puzzled by the sudden appearance of gastritis/IBS. But I've HAD this for such a long time...just that 5 courses of antibiotics was the 'new' addition to my list after which my stomach entered a new realm of reactive existence :-o When doctors are like this, it is so hard to think they can do much for you. But I will go back to him and ask whether I can cut down on the doses of my meds as my symptoms settle down. <sob sob sob>...they are so busy these doctors. When I go to show my reports, he looks at them in the corridor while in transit from one ward room to another. Maybe 2 mins spent with the reports..?!

Last edited by Gugulimo; 10-12-2012 at 06:47 PM.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:58 PM   #19
Facilitator
(female)

Smile Re: How to stop stomach spasms?

Saw an interesting post that i think that you would like to see. Search: vitamins as cause of ibs. Think it was in ibs message board. Get bettersoon!

Old 10-13-2012, 09:14 AM   #20
(female)

Gugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB UserGugulimo HB User

Hi Gmk,

That was very interesting. Who'd have guessed that the innocent vitamins bottles could bring about this type of agony. Thanks!

Closed Thread