It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2012, 07:28 AM   #1
(female)

ValerieSue HB User
New to IBS

I was only diagnosed today, all I know is that I get bad stomach cramps, diarrhea, then feel yuk for a day or so, then other times I get constipated. I also have a burning sensation at the top of my stomach and have had a 'fluttering' sensation at the top left of my stomach. My gp has given me meds for the diarrhea and another to take every day, but if anyone can give me any advice I'd be really grateful, thank you in advance.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

rozia50 HB User
Re: New to IBS

if you were diax what did your dr say. there are alot of triggers for IBS and you need to cut them out cocmpletly....

Soak a tablespoon of linseeds (Linuset Gold is very good) overnight in a large glass of water. Take this first thing in the morning. Both the water and the seeds must be consumed. This is not a laxative, but can work like magic!

If you can't face the soaked linseeds (lots of my clients manage very well, but personally I gag on it), then sprinkle a tablespoon of linseeds into your porridge, after cooking, or muesli, salads or cooked rice dishes. You may also just eat it 'straight off the spoon' and follow with two glasses of water. Linseeds attract to themselves lots of water, so don't allow yourself to become dehydrated.

A tablespoon of black strap molasses last thing at night. Now clean your teeth, otherwise your nightmares of waking up with no teeth may come true.

Two to three tablespoons of olive oil taken on an empty stomach first thing in the morning, followed by the juice of half a lemon.

Mix together a third of a pound each of raisins, dates and prunes. Add and mix with 8 tablespoons of whey (unless you're milk allergic), 8 tablespoons of black strap molasses and 6 tablespoons of ground linseeds. Before each meal take one the size of a golf ball. To get some whey, make some delicious home-made cottage cheese from sheep milk, which will take only 3 minutes to make and this will give you whey as a 'waste product'. Look under recipes.

Stewed fruits, especially prunes, are always a good idea when there's constipation.

Stay away from laxatives. There's only one time I give my patients laxatives, and that's a fairly gentle laxative tea the night before a colon cleansing (seven-day tissue cleanse). During this cleanse they eat no solid food at all, but have lots of special drinks, blue-green algae and two enemas a day. The mild laxative just clears the bowel of recent waste matter along with the first enema. This cleanse requires supervision, but these are the only times I've ever recommended a laxative.

Skin brush with a natural bristle brush. Have a look under colon cleansing for full details.

Take a good quality probiotic supplement. You'll find this in the shopping basket.

Vitamin C can be used to loosen the bowel. You need to take a fairly large amount all in one go - 4000 to 8000 milligrams (4-8 grams) will usually do the trick. You can buy it in powder form or capsule form.

There, now that should give you enough ideas to encourage your bowel to behave as it should. If the worst comes to the worst, you can always try a last resort - a whole tin of sauerkraut, juice and all. Hopefully you will have wonderfully regular bowels just by eating a normal healthy diet -

Last edited by rozia50; 12-19-2012 at 01:51 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to rozia50 For This Useful Post:
ValerieSue (12-19-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply