It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2012, 06:15 AM   #1
(male)

Cirruskid HB User
Question Worried

Hell, ill try to keep this short. About 2 years ago i had a bowel movement which looked like a pouch of blood. After this i bagan to have abdominal pain, constipation and weight loss. I had visited my doctor which ran 2 blood tests and a urine test which came back normal. I was not convinced and asked for my tests, which inckuded chest x ray, barium enema, barium swallow, and abdominal ultrasound which all came back normal, with the exception of fatty liver. I was put at ease for a while until i developed what i now know as health anxiety, and basically have gone through 3 more diseases thinking i had (heart attack, brain tumor, esophageal disorders). During this time i developed panic attacks, major anxiety and stress but i managed to get out of this slump and began living my life again. About. 1 month ago i had a bowel movement which basically looked like hard dark pellets, and again i started obbsessing thinking i have colon cancer. While obsessing i started with, cramps, passing stool everyday (considering i pass a stool every few days) abdominal pain, flatulence, excess gas, back pain, red spots in my stool ext) Again i had blood and urine tests done which showed vitamin d deficancy( i work nights and sleep days). I also had a occult blood stool test which came back negative. I even used stool eith red spots to do my stool test just to see if it was blood or undigested food. I guess my mind was put at ease for a little bit but i still fear having something bad. I have a alot of gas and something i feel like i need to pass a stool but i dont. I should mention, i have no family history of any type of cancer. heart disease is another story as it runs in my family like crazy. My dad has 3 heart attacks and 2 bypass surgury. Just looking for other peoples opinion so i can be at ease. I have a baby on the way and i wanna focus on that but its hard since my girlfriend lives long distance but im preparing for my long term trip. I am waiting on results on a breath test to check for h pylori since my mom has it and the country is a very common place for h pylori. Here is a list of all the tests i have gone in 2 years. I know i should try and relax considering the amount of tests but like i said, health anxiety can really screw with your head.

2 Blood Test- Oct 2010 normal
Urine Test- Oct 2010 normal
Chest X Ray-Nov 2010 normal
Abdominal Ultrasound-Nov 2010 normal
Barium Enema-Nov 2010 normal
Barium Swallow- Nov 2010 normal
Neurological Exam-Jan 2011 normal
Blood Test-Jan 2011 normal
Urine Test-Jan 2011 normal
Blood Test-Apr 2011 normal
Urine Test-Apr 2011 normal
Lung Function Test-Jul 2011 Apparently asthma but obviously not
Chest X Ray-Jul 2012 normal
Abdominal Ultrasound-Dec 2012 fatty liver
Blood Test-Mar 2012 high cholestoral
Urine Tests-Mar 2012 high uric acid
Blood Test-Oct 2012 vitamin D deficiancy
Urine Test-Oct 2012 normal
ECG Exam-Oct 2012 normal
Chest X Ray-Oct 2012 normal
Blood Occult Test-Dec 2012 negative
Urea Breat Test-Dec 2012 waiting results, but im sure its positive

I know its crazy all the tests i have had but thats how crazy i have gone in the past 2 years. I apoligize if it annoys anyone, just one a millions with anxiety and hypocondria.

The following user gives a hug of support to Cirruskid:
sasrei7 (12-30-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2012, 10:12 AM   #2
(female)

sasrei7 HB Usersasrei7 HB User
Re: Worried

I think the one thing you should do is work on your anixety, anxiety greatly effects how your body feels and how you live. Have you talked to a psychiatrist about your anxiety and hypochondria? I think it would be a really good idea it may help some symptoms and would help your hypochondria. Breathing excersises are really great, oh and yoga is good to Good luck to you but the main thing is dont worry so much. Life is far to short to spend it worrying about your health, just try and live it as much as you can and as good as you can. I know it can be hard when your sick, heck I can't even work because of my health but worrying about everything will just make it worse. Have you talked to your gf about your concerns? Sometimes its good to talk to someone about it, it can really help to get it off your chest and to hear something encouraging.

The Following User Says Thank You to sasrei7 For This Useful Post:
PoppiePalace (12-30-2012)
Old 01-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasrei7 View Post
I think the one thing you should do is work on your anixety, anxiety greatly effects how your body feels and how you live. Have you talked to a psychiatrist about your anxiety and hypochondria? I think it would be a really good idea it may help some symptoms and would help your hypochondria. Breathing excersises are really great, oh and yoga is good to Good luck to you but the main thing is dont worry so much. Life is far to short to spend it worrying about your health, just try and live it as much as you can and as good as you can. I know it can be hard when your sick, heck I can't even work because of my health but worrying about everything will just make it worse. Have you talked to your gf about your concerns? Sometimes its good to talk to someone about it, it can really help to get it off your chest and to hear something encouraging.
I agree with sasrei7 that you rally ned to talk with a counselor . All these tests show that there is nothing going on physically. You are worrying yourself sick. please get yourself som help. you will be glad you did in the long run. Good luck to you !

Closed Thread