It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
(female)

NOTSONUTSO HB UserNOTSONUTSO HB User
Unhappy Pain is unbearable

For a month (starting Dec. 12th) I have had constant abdominal pain. I have lost weight due to pain/bloating/feeling of fullness.
When I force myself to eat, there is awful pain. I have very bad constipation but with the onset of these new symptoms, I occasionally have bowel movements after eating (small, redding-brown stools). I get absolutely zero relief from b/m. Instead, pain goes from bad to unbearable (like now).

I was on prescription laxative for years until it began to bloat me & make me ill (early Nov.) Now I can't take any laxatives due to massive bloating.

I have had stomach x-rays & a CT scan.

I am desperate. Could this be IBS? How can I get a diagnosis & treatment?

Old 03-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Terlin HB User
Unhappy Re: Pain is unbearable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTSONUTSO View Post
For a month (starting Dec. 12th) I have had constant abdominal pain. I have lost weight due to pain/bloating/feeling of fullness.
When I force myself to eat, there is awful pain. I have very bad constipation but with the onset of these new symptoms, I occasionally have bowel movements after eating (small, redding-brown stools). I get absolutely zero relief from b/m. Instead, pain goes from bad to unbearable (like now).

I was on prescription laxative for years until it began to bloat me & make me ill (early Nov.) Now I can't take any laxatives due to massive bloating.

Do you have problems urinating also ? Ihave same problem with ab pain and no relief when I do go. Worse when sitting , feels like my colon is bulging. Did you find anything that worked?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

flipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB Userflipfleury HB User
Re: Pain is unbearable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTSONUTSO View Post

A lower G.I. series(barium enema) will help diagnose the IBS. When I had the barium enema in June of 1996, the x-ray technician told me he could see my colon go into spasms while he was performing the test. After my doctor diagnosed me with IBS-C, she put me on 20 mg four times a day of Bentyl and told me to take acidophilus twice a day and Cirtucel twice a day. The Bentyl helps to slow down the colon spasms and the Citrucel help regulate your bowels and keep them soft so they are easier to pass. I found that this helped a lot but not totally. It takes a whole life-style change with diet(fiber and lots of water) and having a set time daily to sit on the toilet to move your bowels(at least for me this works) Help to control stress and anxiety does a lot to help control the IBS symtoms. Slow deep breathing exercises and relaxing music helps to calm your anxiety and stress levels but it helps me to be able to move my bowels with less pain if Iam constipated and have had to use a glycerin suppository to help me to go. It has taken almost 50 years for me to figure out most of my IBS-C symptoms are because of my diet,lack of water,not taking the time each day to move my bowels and keeping my anxiety and stress levels down. Ther are times when go bck to my old lazy habits and then my IBS-C symptoms come back to haunt me. I hope this is helpful to you.

Reply Reply