It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
(female)

emt0820 HB User
Unhappy Does Cipro and Flagyl make your stomach worse!!

hi

I recently was dianoised as being highly lactose intolerant. I already have IBS so that kinda added to it. I have been having major stomach problems and just had a colonoscopy last week. Had 3 polyps removed and the dr said he thought i had diverticulitis and diverticulotis. I felt pretty good for about a week then I got a major stomachache again. Saw the dr. and he put me on cipro and flagyl. Well I'm not sure if its helping or killing me because my stomach has stopped hurting,,and i have only been on the pills for about 2 days,,,they have caused me MAJOR indigestion. I'm going to stop taking them. Do these antibotics cause anyone else to have major stomach issues??? Plus they are making me nausea. I guess its the medicine he has me on. Any input will be greatly appreciated. My major problem is constipation and i sure wish i had something to regulate me besides miralax!!

thanks
nicki

Old 04-25-2013, 03:44 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Does Cipro and Flagyl make your stomach worse!!

A large number of anitbiotics cause digestive distress as they kill the good bacteria in your digestive tract as well. They should always be taken with food. Try also a probiotic to try and override that. But frankly, there is nothing to be done but to try and gut it out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread