It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2013, 10:16 AM   #1
(male)

SickinNJ HB UserSickinNJ HB User
Pulsing in my abdominal

Hi all

Does anyone get light pulses in there abdominal, I though it could be my colon but the only think I ate yesterday out of the norm was a salad for lunch and a sweet potato for dinner.

I did not have D but I had a lot of gas and my stomach turned pretty good this morning, I thought i was going to be sick

Do you think it my colon?

Old 04-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Pulsing in my abdominal

Feeling a pulsation in your abdomen has nothing to do with what you eat or your GI tract. If it is regular, like your heartbeat, an abdominal aneurysm should be considered. It is an enlargement of the aorta, like a balloon that pulsates. This is usually found in middle age to older people who have high BP or vascular disease. It can be diagnosed by ultrasound, which is non-invasive. Sometimes extremely thin people can feel their aorta pulsate, even when the aorta is normal. An aneurysm is a serious situation and should be diagnosed, monitored carefully and fixed, depending on circumstances and size. If an aneurysm exists, it is essential to keep BP under good control to prevent rupture of it. Please get this checked out if you fit in the first category.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2013, 04:43 PM   #3
(female)

ang76 HB User

Hi, I got the same thing going on as you. It almost feels like a heart beat in my belly but my heart beats separate. It's more like a throbbing. When I put my iPad on my stomach when laying down it jumps. I have had many weird health problems in the past 2 years that r very similar to yours.

Old 07-18-2013, 04:47 PM   #4
(female)

ang76 HB User

Also I have been tested for a aneurism a few times by US, that's not what it is. Drs r clueless.

Old 07-19-2013, 08:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

How thin are you? Thin people can sometimes feel their aorta pulsing. It may be that you are just very sensitive to internal sensations, like some people feel their heart beat and others are totally unaware of it. I wouldn't worry as long as aneurysm has been ruled out and you don't have high blood pressure.

Closed Thread