It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
(female)

jenniferm2007 HB User
IBS and occasional food intolerance question

Hi All, first time here and hi to everyone.
I'm concerned about something: I have IBS but wondered is it normal that some food intolerance's won't always bother u? For instance sometimes I can have fried eggs, no problem. But today I made two and got horrible cramping immediately afterwards above and below belly button.Then diarrhea about 1/2 hour later. Same thing for other stuff like cereal. Some days I have oatmeal days in a row, and nothing, then I have it other times and oh my goodness pains and cramps and D. Is this normal. Shouldn't food triggers bother us every time we eat them?
Thank you

Old 11-18-2013, 09:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: IBS and occasional food intolerance question

I think it is common. It certainly has happened to me too. I wouldn't worry because I think we can react differently on a given day.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #3
(female)

rederyn HB User
Re: IBS and occasional food intolerance question

Yes, I have the same issue. It's so confusing, because it's making it so difficult to really identify any triggers. I was on the candida diet for 3 months, and ever since I started adding foods back into my diet, some foods cause issues some of the time, and I can't really figure out what to eat or not eat! I wish I knew the answer.... I'm getting food allergy tested next week, and I'm hoping for some answers.

Closed Thread