It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

It's Life - Off Topic Discussions Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2002, 04:45 AM   #1
Senior Veteran

Sinnrah HB User
Post Friday 13

Hi,

Does anyone have superstitions about Friday the 13? I do but then I tell myself it is just another day.

I could lock myself in my house all day. Bu that is not a good thing or healthy right?

Anyone else freaked about friday 13? I mean we just had 9-11 and now 9-13.....okay maybe I am just being paranoid again.

Sinnrah

Old 09-13-2002, 05:48 AM   #2
Inactive

mlgable HB User
LOL I go out of my way to look for goofy things to happen on Friday the 13th. Try to see the humor in it by looking for things that happen on these kind of days. I remember when I was a kid our movie theatre always took advantage of friday the 13 than they used to show horrow flicks 2-3 in a row on Friday the 13. I loved it as my best girlfriend was a fraidy cat type person and she would be screaming when stuff was happening in the movie and I would be laughting because I already knew what was going to happen next so it used to make me laugh to know that she was going to be screaming throughout the movie.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2002, 06:06 AM   #3
Inactive

Lady^ HB User
A very good friend of mine was brutally murdered on a Friday the 13th, many years ago. So any Friday the 13th always reminds me of her and of what happened to her and has some horror associated with it.

Old 09-13-2002, 07:06 AM   #4

lil princess HB User
Arrow

Lady^ I'm sorry to hear about your good friend. Wow what is the world coming to!! My co-worker is flying today to Las Vegas. I don't think I would be flying today if I could help it. I hate Friday 13th. If anything bad happens today to me thats what I will blame it on. I thought I was the only one that hated Friday 13th. No one around me seems to care! I guess I will be very careful today. I just wanna get through the day!! Have a good day!!!!

Old 09-13-2002, 07:43 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

Sinnrah HB User
Lady,

I am so sorry to hear that also. I bet today really bites for you.

So far the only bad thing that happened it my trip to my parents house was delayed by a few hours.

But that is it.

Sinnrah

Old 09-13-2002, 08:26 AM   #6

gwle HB User
A tankner in the Freeport, TX area just exploded sending a shockwave that was felt and heard up to 60 miles away. Toxic ammonia gas was released into the air. Whoever lives in or near that area, please be extremely careful. Turn off your A/C's and don't leave your houses. I hope no one was hurt in the explosion.

Old 09-13-2002, 10:02 AM   #7
Inactive

Lady^ HB User
lil princess, I actually am not superstitious and Friday the 13th doesn't bother me in that respect, it just brings back alot of bad memories and feelings. I'm sure you will be fine today and honestly, bad things happen to people each and every hour of each and every day, right?

Take care and be safe.

Old 09-13-2002, 10:42 AM   #8
Inactive

kama2080 HB User
gwle..
Thanks for the heads up..I live in Houston, and I just heard about it on the radio ..Seems like we're having alot of explosions around here lately..Hope everybody is okay.

Kat

Old 09-13-2002, 12:09 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User
Thumbs down

Not really sure if this has anything to do with the date or not but our hotwater tank busted today & flooded a small portion of our house! We are expecting our first baby & we recently spent a good chunk of $$ on new baby furniture & things & now we have this that we are going to have to pay for! UUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH! What a day!
Kim
Hope eveyone there in Texas is OK!

Old 09-13-2002, 12:36 PM   #10

effexorjunkie HB User
Okay, time for a different view.
This was a lucky day for my Dad, now long gone.
I learned to view it this way too.
I think we attract what we fear and that we look for the occurrences of tragedy on that one day more than others.
Look at all of the horrible things going on in this world that happen on everyday of the week.

Everybody wants to be somebody in the world but remember, to somebody you ARE the world.

Old 09-13-2002, 12:57 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Shakira HB User
Not many people know this, but females don't have to worry about Friday the 13th, as the number 13 isn't unlucky for females. It's something to do with the menstrual cycle.

Old 09-13-2002, 02:38 PM   #12

Broadwaygirl03 HB User
I have no superstitions for this date. The history behind friday the 13th that I heard is as follows, Jesus died on a friday and Judas was the 13th member of Jesus and the Apostles. So really in my opinion, its a religous thing and doesn't freak me out one bit...tho my dad did hit a black bird on the way into school. But then again I got the highest grade in the class on my math test, which never has happened before
~Into the Woods

Old 09-13-2002, 03:13 PM   #13

AshleeD HB User
Cool

Although I share some of the superstitions about Friday the 13th, bad things happen every single day. It's the movies and the superstitions about the number 13 that make people nervous on this day. Especially since bad things happen...but what day doesn't a bad thing happen?? People start acting crazy when something happens on Friday the 13th...so rest at ease If something's going to happen, it will happen...it just so happens sometimes bad things happen on Friday the 13th making people's beliefs stronger...but really...it could happen ANY day.

~º~ºAsHº~º~
*Troublesome Trio #1*

"If you don't learn to laugh at troubles, you won't have anything to laugh at when you grow old."
-Edward W. Howe

Old 09-13-2002, 08:03 PM   #14

NeverWed HB User
If you can all believe this, today is my http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/birthday.gif

so, being born of the 13th can't be all bad...can it?

Old 09-13-2002, 10:01 PM   #15

gwle HB User
HAPPY B-DAY 'NEVERWED' http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/birthday.gif Hope today was a great day for you!

Closed Thread