It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

It's Life - Off Topic Discussions Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2010, 05:27 PM   #1
(female)

Lostgurl HB User
Intuition

Hi...I am new to the boards.

I am very sensitive for sure and maybe even sometimes can be a bit paranoid (not overly). I can read people really well (too well sometimes) and can get a sense almost immediately if something is wrong. I see this as kind of a mixed gift.

Does anyone know what I mean? I can tell when someone is upset with me or if someone is not a good person or if someone is not being straight with me.

Ok I am rambling but would like to open up a discussion about this. Any feedback would be most welcome. Thanks

Old 05-01-2010, 10:18 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User
Re: Intuition

Please read on 'Empath' and being a 'Sensitive'...I am Empathic/a severe Sensitive and I don't like it because not only being a shut-in for the most part due to illness when I go out l sense the pain and worries and problems of other people...it is like you're in their bodies.

Read on this and you will know whats going on.

Be Well.

~Belle~

Last edited by BelleoftheSouth; 05-01-2010 at 10:19 AM. Reason: can't spell

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2010, 12:47 AM   #3
(female)

Lostgurl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelleoftheSouth View Post
Please read on 'Empath' and being a 'Sensitive'...I am Empathic/a severe Sensitive and I don't like it because not only being a shut-in for the most part due to illness when I go out l sense the pain and worries and problems of other people...it is like you're in their bodies.

Read on this and you will know whats going on.

Be Well.

~Belle~
Thank you so much...I appreciate it. I will read up. I am sorry to hear about what your are dealing with and I thank you for your concern back.
Stef

Last edited by Administrator; 05-02-2010 at 02:22 AM.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:00 PM   #4
(male)

l2vans HB User

On the subject of reading people, I'm only good at that when It comes to card games.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:51 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Lostgurl,

I once read that women are better at reading people's faces than men. If I remember correctly, it comes from a scientific study. Even so, some women are not at all good at it and some men probably are.

You didn't say exactly what you are reading. Do you have to be face-to-face with the person or can you do this over the phone too? Can you do this with emails? Posts? Does it have to be a person that you already know, like a friend or relative?

In order to see if your "reading" is correct, you would have to check it out with the other person. Right? How does that go? Wouldn't you risk upsetting a friendship if you happen to be wrong?

P.S. Look at the date when I joined the "Health Boards". I don't remember how long ago it was, but it's been a while. And guess what? I'm so happy that I just discovered this "off topic" board today. This board has great potential!!

Last edited by Administrator; 06-10-2010 at 04:52 PM.

Old 06-13-2010, 09:02 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Orange22 HB User

It's women's intuition. I think I'm good at reading people. More often than not, I'm right. I get that same sense. Sometimes I think it's my reporter/journalism background.

Closed Thread