It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

It's Life - Off Topic Discussions Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #16
(female)

jumprosel HB Userjumprosel HB User
Re: Why do we exist

we exist to be happy and do good things

The following user gives a hug of support to jumprosel:
still searchin (04-27-2011)
Old 05-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #17
Veteran
(female)

00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User00lady00 HB User

We don't exist, silly!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-23-2011, 05:32 AM   #18
(female)

mj1417 HB User

Why do we exist? That is a good question and one that does not have a quick easy answer. But if you choose to believe there is a God it begins to make sense.

< edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 05-23-2011 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Please do not proselytize. Thanks.

Old 05-23-2011, 09:06 PM   #19
(male)

Johnson03 HB User

Well there is nothing in the life without the object or purpose . Moreover, We actually exist here because of Some purpose or what we want to achieve in our life .

Last edited by Johnson03; 05-27-2011 at 08:44 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to Johnson03 For This Useful Post:
jillian4 (09-12-2011)
Old 05-24-2011, 05:21 AM   #20
(female)

mj1417 HB User

Me thinks you hit the nail on the head. RELATIONSHIP Studies show that death or pretty darn close to death occurs without relationship/LOVE. SOLITARY confinement is the WORST form of torture. I,too, should not even be alive today, short of the saving power, mercy and grace afforded to me. Thanks for your insightful response.

Last edited by Administrator; 01-25-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Old 05-25-2011, 10:41 PM   #21
Inactive
(female)

michelle716 HB User

omg you have no idea how many times I think of this question to myself!! No one knows the answers.... How did we get here? How did we come from nothing? Last summer I had it so bad that I would actually think so hard into it that I would get a detached feeling from the world. I felt like everything around me was fake. It was so weird but a scary feeling at the same time.. What you're thinking is existential thinking. Try not to analyze it too much.. No one knows the answers.. Just know that after we pass its not the end!

Old 05-30-2011, 11:34 AM   #22
(male)

coolicus HB User

I think life itself has no over-arching purpose. However that doesn't mean I don't think my life itself is meaningless - I can give my own life a meaning. I try to be as good a person as I can not because of fear of divine retribution or expectation of divine reward but because it makes me happy to make others so.

To the question "why do we exist" can be answered in a number of ways - factually and truthfully speaking we exist as a result of a process known as evolution and just happen to be an offshoot of primates and further to that of mammals who got lucky when the Dino's kicked the bucket creating a evolutionary market to move in an occupy . However someone might as easily tell you we exist to serve some kind of divine/metaphysical purpose. Personally I don't buy it but I respect that other people have a right to their beliefs even if I don't necessarily respect the beliefs themselves.

I suggest you try and enjoy yourself and your life as much as possible whilst being mindful of your ability to effect the world around you. I would suggest perhaps taking up a new hobby or volunteering might help fulfil you a little more than you currently appear to be!

At the end of the day life is yours for the taking and there are virtually limitless possibilities for where you can take yourself.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:18 AM   #23
(male)

vgktl HB User

The purpose of putting this thread was to elicit the responses to the question which has intrigued me for quite so long. I feel blank about the purpose of existence of this whole universe when the common sense says there has to be one. It may be wastage of time to think about it but it is an interesting question and the quest for the answer is always there. Raising this question does not undermine the beauty of the life and our own efforts to make it more purposeful and thus live it to the full!

The following user gives a hug of support to vgktl:
jillian4 (09-12-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to vgktl For This Useful Post:
jillian4 (09-12-2011)
Old 06-09-2011, 08:23 AM   #24
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by vgktl View Post
There is only one question that always haunted me and still does so. Why do I exist? What is the purpose of existence of this whole universe and existence of life?
I still wander in the darkness!
I take it that you want existence to have a purpose. A purpose suggests that there is some higher power directing everything, like a director directing an orchestra. That, I think, is highly unlikely. There's nothing in the scientific world to suggest a higher power directing everything for a purpose.

I believe the "purpose" of existence can only be described in very general terms based on what we can observe. What is the raw material of existence? Matter and energy. And what does it do? It is constantly transforming itself. It's random and without purpose although we can ascribe purpose to it. That's what we do but the universe doesn't do it.

So that's it; it's the random transfer of energy (with no overriding purpose).

Last edited by JohnR41; 06-09-2011 at 09:38 AM. Reason: punctuation and spelling

Old 09-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #25
Veteran
(male)

corissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB Usercorissa3 HB User

Not sure how I found this thread but here goes nothing

If you can imagine how many planets there are in the "known" universe I would guess 600 trillion x 1000 x 1 million.

For us to have found "life" is so unrealistic that it defies numbers. We are so blessed to have found life and for life to have found us that we could never put a meaning to it.

If that makes any sense.

The Following User Says Thank You to corissa3 For This Useful Post:
jillian4 (09-12-2011)
Old 11-29-2011, 01:32 PM   #26
(male)

tariq456 HB User

No one can answer your post . Any member here know about why do we exit any authentic reason ?

Closed Thread