It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

It's Life - Off Topic Discussions Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2012, 04:50 PM   #31
(female)

triums HB User
Re: Do you think in words or pictures?

Definitly in images, but sometimes words come too...

Old 12-17-2012, 03:47 AM   #32
(female)

Soha12 HB User

Hello,
i think in pictures because i love paintings and i can express myself and my words through pictures more expressively !!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #33
(female)

clara790 HB User

i love picture!! specially painting from the renaissance period!

Old 01-18-2013, 05:32 AM   #34
(female)

Helen7144 HB User

Hmmm maybe in words but i'm not too sure though

Old 01-20-2013, 08:18 AM   #35
(male)

quackducker HB User

I absolutely think in pictures. Of course, sometimes I switch to words, especially when reviewing conversations or having discussions/debates/practice converstions in my head.

It was a big shock to me in the mid-90s when I read of this. I had never thought about how I thought. I assumed we all thought the same way. Wrong.

When I realized I think in pictures (like Temple Grandin) even though I'm outgoing and friendly, and occasionally think linearly -- it was exciting. I started asking everyone I know (still often do). It was so weird to discover that some people think IN WORDS or THOUGHTS! I had spent a lot of time as a paralegal and had gone to court, and finally realized that the good lawyers think in thoughts! Amazing.

Well, it makes me a better writer because I see the pictures and describe them.

I"m recently aware that, if I can't PICTURE it, I won't understand and won't learn whatever the topic. OTOH, I don't learn from watching videos either, I like to read the words. And, I watch television with Closed Captions on too (apparently I have trouble with auditory processing -- even though I'm a performer and singer -- soloist/ classical training). And, although "we" can have reading problems, I started reading at 3 and have always been a fast and thorough reader.

Another topic for you all to read about is "gifted visual spatial" thinking. Google that term. Also, "I think in pictures You think in words" These are good topics to research for you AND for your children.

Thanks!

Old 01-23-2013, 04:49 AM   #36
(female)

Barb8Y HB User

I'm kinda both but i'm more inclined to say that i think in pictures, usually before i go to sleep i can picture my thoughts rather than words

Closed Thread