It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

It's Life - Off Topic Discussions Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2011, 04:11 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Belly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB UserBelly Kelly HB User
Reoccurring dream?

Hi. About every other month or so I have this reoccurring dream and I wonder if it is related to stress (when I have a big project coming up with work that is weighing on my mind).

The dream is that I am either walking or riding my bike home, but I have to go through this bad neighborhood first. Once I hit the bad neighborhood, I start to panic. There are drug users and prostitutes in my dream and I believe one time I was shot in the dream (can't quite remember right now).

Anyone have reoccurring dreams?

Old 05-10-2011, 07:45 AM   #2
(female)

shineystar19 HB User
Re: Reoccurring dream?

i also have some reacurring dreams,i thought it was just me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2011, 07:50 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Curious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB UserCurious One HB User

I have recurring dreams all the time. I'm 44 and have had at least one of these dreams once or twice a month since I was six years old (that's a lot of bad recurring dreams!): house burning down and trying to get photos out through window; about to be raped/fighting off rapist; driving on a dizzying maze of freeways (picture a roller coaster) and trying to figure out what exit to take to get "over there"; and being on a bicycle or car and going very fast up a hill and flying off the road with water below me.

They suck -- they all suck. I've never had a "good dream" and I HATE dreaming. Therefore, the phrase "sweet dreams" means absolutely nothing to me.

The brain and the subconscious are too complex for me to try to understand the purpose or reason for recurring dreams -- I just wish they'd go away!

Last edited by Curious One; 05-10-2011 at 07:52 AM. Reason: Grammar again.

Old 05-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Yes, I have recurring dreams, and I've had one where I go through areas that are "bad". Strange because I drive through those areas almost daily, but I wouldn't want to walk through them. That's the part that's scary...my car stops or I lose my purse, etc.

I think it's feeling vulnerable, threatened, exposed, mistrust or something like that. Doing a search on dream interpretation or symbolism is definitely helpful.

q

Old 05-10-2011, 11:42 AM   #5
(female)

tapatia13 HB User

Hello,
I also have a similar dream when I am under stress. The feeling of being threatened/attacked and feeling fear of passing through a dark place, so I am guessing you are feeling anxious about the new project outcomes. Try taking a warm shower or doing breathing excercises to relax before sleeping. I hope all goes well with your project. Cheers!

Old 05-10-2011, 11:59 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

I am a big time dreamer, vivid dreams every night with very similar themes, or ongoing dreams that pick up where they left off the previous night. I love them, because although they do have their bad parts, overall the dreams are fantastic. The best ones are when I dream I am riding animals such as elephants and horses. I constantly fly in my dreams, typically I cannot get my feet to touch the ground, no matter how hard I try.

Although I have been an avid dreamer since childhood, I have had 4 strokes, and since then I have been looking forward to going to bed every night, just for the dreams. I do take medication that lists one of it's side effects as "vivid dreaming" and "nightmares" so that may be a big part of it for me.

Amazing what happens every night in my head, no wonder I get any rest at all! So sorry for all of you who have bad dreams and stress related dreams. I do think the mind uses that time to work out issues confronting us during the daytime.

Interesting topic, thanks for posting...

Old 05-12-2011, 04:35 AM   #7
(female)

lezah20 HB User

I sometimes experience this when i'm all stressed out

Old 05-15-2011, 09:43 PM   #8
(female)

tashamorris HB User

I have experience that too! everytime i encounter some problems in life, I usually dream that I'm in the middle of the sea with big waves but in the end I survived my fear. It's a good news because I know there will be no such problem that we could not solve, especially if we have great faith within..God calms the storm always.

Old 05-16-2011, 11:14 AM   #9
(female)

babyem HB User

I have reoccuring dreams, always either really strange or depressing lol.

One always has a key in it and there's a fire that starts on an open patch of land and is gradually creeping towards me. I had one about a nuclear bomb, and everyone was evacuated and I lost my family. That was when I was 14, and ended up sleeping in my mums bed for the night :/

The most recent ones have been really strange. My boyfriend went outfor the night and I was in bed when he came home. He could hear me screaming from downstairs so ran up and found me kicking and rolling about on the bed, screaming at the top of my lungs.. I don't remember what I was dreaming about at the time though..
Sounds strange, but really upsetting.

Old 05-17-2011, 06:46 AM   #10
(female)

Zara Mari HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly Kelly View Post
Hi. About every other month or so I have this reoccurring dream and I wonder if it is related to stress (when I have a big project coming up with work that is weighing on my mind).

The dream is that I am either walking or riding my bike home, but I have to go through this bad neighborhood first. Once I hit the bad neighborhood, I start to panic. There are drug users and prostitutes in my dream and I believe one time I was shot in the dream (can't quite remember right now).

My recurring dream is an old house and a church. In times I dream of getting married, I always see my groom with blank face. It's always the same. Other than these, I'm flying but I use swimming strokes to fly high. LOL. And numerous snakes but they don't bite me.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:24 AM   #11
(female)

Krista2882 HB UserKrista2882 HB User

I haven't had a reoccurring dream since I was a kid, but when I was a kid, I would have this dream that me and my mom had to leave the house late at night for some reason, and when backing out of the driveway, the back of the car caught some kind of rope or string that was a trigger for the garage door, so the garage door started going up and down repeatedly, and my mom had to call my dad (who wasn't home for some reason) to find out how to stop it. It freaked me out because the garage door just kept constantly opening and closing, and things that repeat make me really nervous. It was so weird and I had that dream all the time as a kid.

I do have reoccurring themes, though. One of them is water and the color blue (usually together). But I haven't had those dreams in a few years. For the past few years, I get dreams that make me feel very nervous when I wake up, but I almost never actually remember them, even a moment after I wake up. I just know I was dreaming something that made me nervous.

Last edited by Krista2882; 09-29-2011 at 11:31 AM.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:44 PM   #12
(male)

peaze HB User

you should learn how to lucid dream and try and control the recurring dream and see why it's really happening.

Old 10-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belly Kelly View Post
My reoccurring dream is about a workplace. The theme is always the same but the workplace is usually different. For example, in one dream I was at a huge industrial complex. I knew I was an employee of some sort but had no idea what my job description was. I wondered what I was supposed to do. In an effort to find out, I would just keep wandering around, observing others as they worked at their jobs. I worried that I might be in a lot of trouble if they found out that I never did any work.

Another reoccurring dream: I'm in college but I forget to go to classes. I Just totally forget that I need to keep up my studies. I imagine I'm supposed to graduate soon but I think I won't make it because I just plain forgot about classes and studying. It's a catastrophe! (In real life I did graduate with honors!)

As far as I know, we don't have any control over reoccurring dreams. If I knew how to shut them off I would.

Not all of my dreams are bad; I do have some very good dreams too.
I have dreams where I'm flying and dreams where I get to see loved ones who have passed away.

Last edited by JohnR41; 10-22-2011 at 08:15 AM. Reason: word changes

Closed Thread