It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

It's Life - Off Topic Discussions Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2003, 01:47 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
Post nursery themes for boys

Hey guys I have been getting questions about how I want to decorate the nursery and the main theme for it. I know for boys they usually do sports, animals, and cars ect... I wanted to try something a little more original. I was thinking about doing a space/solar system type theme. It would have planets and stars and so on. I was even thinking I could get those glow in the dark stars and planets that you stick up on the walls and ceiling. Maybe I could get a couple cute aliens for the room too lol. I don't know is this ok for a boy? I would love to hear the ideas you ladies have for your nursery. I might change my mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2003, 01:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran

coppertop HB User
I think its perectly fine for a boy, I escpecially thing the alien idea is cute.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-24-2003, 02:08 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

bellestar HB User
by friend id Snoopy and the peanuts characters

Old 10-24-2003, 02:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

conniefolger HB User
Hello! I think that is a great theme for a boy and it is quite unique also. I just found out that I am having another boy and we are thinking about the baby snoppy theme since his big brother had Winnie the Pooh. Congratulations and have fun decorating

Old 10-24-2003, 05:47 PM   #5

warrsav2savage HB User
Hello there. I have a WHOLE list of ideas I want to do, but they are not for "boys" they are uni-sex, since I do not know the sex of mine!

The outer-space one was an idea I had too! I think its great and imaginative. The baby could grow up in a room like that, and I believe it promotes imagination and creativity!

Here are my others:
1. Cute bugs in a garden (not creepy bugs, cartoon ones with sweet faces)
2. Turtles - green room!
3. Teddy bears
4. Clowns
5. Winnie the Pooh
6. Petting zoo (friendly animals)
7. Farm - you can paint fences on the walls and have a barn, clouds on the ceiling, etc.
8. Puppies.
9. Under water. A nice royal blue with fish EVERYWHERE! You can suspend some from the ceiling with fishing wire to give the illusion of being underwater! (This is my favorite)
10. Forest - all green and brown - friendly bears, birds, bees, etc
11. Dr. Seuss - a little scary, but different!
12. Jungle - Paint huge trees on the walls with vines, add monkeys, tigers, parrots and so on! Dont forget a canopy of leaves on the ceiling!

These are my favorites so far (in no order) and I hope this can help a little! Your idea is wonderful, and good luck with it!

Old 10-24-2003, 07:15 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
wow thanks for that list I think it is awesome! I really really like your underwater idea! That sounds sooo cool. I cant paint my walls and ceiling unfortunately because I am in a student housing apartment and I think they would consider that damage and charge us at the end of the year lol. But that is a really good idea I might have to steal it from you! I cant believe I didn't think of that before because I really like ocean type stuff! Thanks a lot keep the ideas coming everyone!

Old 10-24-2003, 07:46 PM   #7

BlessedBcOfHim HB User
I had a baby boy and the theme that I did was baby snoopy. They say that when thinking about themes for the nursery be careful with what you do because you don't want things that are too busy or too much for their little eyes. But it does sound like a great idea.
When Chase gets older I hope that he likes fireman, because I want to do a firehouse theme, with the pole and all.

------------------
Nikki
Mommie to Chase 7/29/03

Old 10-24-2003, 09:39 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
This is going to sound kind of crazy but my Bf really wants to do "happy little elves" like maggie on the simpson's has in her nursery. They are pretty funny. I found some pictures on the internet that we can project and paint on the walls. They are all greens and blues, which I like. It is definately unique.

Christine P.S. I think clowns would be scary!
due with #1 Feb 3, 2004 It's a Boy!!!

Old 10-25-2003, 10:46 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
Everyone seems to think clowns are scary lol!

Old 10-25-2003, 12:40 PM   #10

TruBoo4Life HB User
I don't know yet what I am having but I am doing Blue Jean Teddy for my nursery them.. it contains all colors... and I haven't seen to many blue jean teddy nursery... or space.. I think that is a great idea..

------------------
Prayers have been
answered!!
Crystal-25
Jeremiah-22
Boy:Jason Wayne
Girl:Aayanna Symone
EDD 3-21-03
Jeremiah-22
IT'S A GIRL- Symone Lynn
EDD 3-24-03 to 4-1-03

Old 10-25-2003, 06:49 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

chrissy333 HB User
Truboo4life~~~~ i don't know if you have Roots Baby in the states, but they have a whole line of Denim Teddy baby stuff. They even have denim blankets! You might be able to find them online.
due with #1 Feb 3, 2004 It's a Boy!!!

Closed Thread