It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

It's Life - Off Topic Discussions Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #1
(female)

Goin2GrowUp1day HB User
small town living

Good Morning, Evening Everyone,

This is my first post so let me introduce myself somewhat. I am 40ish

About 2 mths ago I moved to a small town from a big city. .

I love living here but am finding, this small town idea I have seen on tv just isn't the case. By no means am I saying people are mean, they just aren't friendly. My neighbors are the only ones who have shown any kind of friendliness. So, being lonesome, and sometimes depressed, I am looking for support/friends.

I hope this finds everyone having a great day,
Tina

Last edited by Administrator; 11-07-2011 at 09:17 PM.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
(female)

blancheplante HB User
Re: Introduction

i moved from New England and married a small town guy from texas where we lived for 25 years-small towns I found "you never quite fit in" you have to be born and bred there. I have since moved to a big city where my kids live now, and I love it! They don't act like the world revolves around "just them' they view the world as a vast array of adventures that they have yet to see! Good luck

Last edited by Administrator; 11-07-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2011, 06:44 AM   #3
(female)

Goin2GrowUp1day HB User
Re: Introduction

Blancheplante
Thanks so much for responding. I agree with you. I was trying to explain the isolation and what comes with it. Texas is a great place to live, even with the small town issues.

I have chickens, and soon to have goats. Can't have them in the city. I guess it is a trade off.
Take Care and thanx again.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-07-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Old 11-09-2011, 01:18 AM   #4
(male)

davee76 HB User
Re: small town living

Small towns can be weird. If you weren't born there, you can live in some towns for years and you'll always be an outsider. The nice thing is, there are open, welcoming people in every town, it just might take time to find them.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
I know the feeling. 53 yrs I lived in a city in another country, bred and born there I knew no other life.
12 yrs ago I moved to the birth country of my husband and a very small town, a total different way of life and culture. I never thought I would survive such a lifestyle.
I knew I had to make the most of it and that's exactly what I did.
WE have no family/relations here, so I decided to join various activities. First I joined a church and various activities in the church.
Then an Art-Class, Active-Retirement Group, Coffee- Morning Group. I took up Photography and have recently been asked to help out in one of our local Charity-Shops.
I have been to Evening-Classes etc and feel I now belong and have made many friends.
Check out your local papers for events and activities. Whatever interests you have or things you like doing, see whats on offer in your new town.
Good Luck and I know you will find something you like. Solofelix.

P.S "I just envy your having Goats, I,m crazy about them, they roam free in the mountains here, (Fascinating Creatures)" You'll have fun keeping up with them.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:36 PM   #6
(female)

Krista2882 HB UserKrista2882 HB User

I think it depends on where in the country you live. People in different parts of the country are friendlier than others, therefore neighbors will get to know each other better, etc. I live in Connecticut. I've lived in the same house my whole life, in a small town, but I don't really know my neighbors at all besides a "hi" across the yard once in a while.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-17-2011 at 09:24 PM.

Closed Thread