It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

It's Life - Off Topic Discussions Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #1
(male)

scarecrow447 HB Userscarecrow447 HB Userscarecrow447 HB User
Wink Choosing a career for the rest of my life

I think we all have had jobs that we stayed in longer than anticipated or planned. But the worst thing i think can happen is to continue working a job that I don't love simply because it is convenient, easy, or satisfactory. I was going to go to college this summer to pursue a career in something i love but decided to wait because the money i get paid at my current job is good. Ive contemplated on not going to college and staying with my company because im good at what i do. But I don't love what i do and if I decide to stay at my job and wind up hating it over time then what?

No, I will strive for my dreams, past all the boundaries set up for me by this world. Im enrolling in college for next spring, and i have faith that it will work itself out for the better if i do the next best thing. I can't wait to wake up everyday and be excited for work for the rest of my life.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-22-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Machaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB UserMachaon HB User
Re: Choosing a career for the rest of my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow447 View Post
... Ive contemplated on not going to college and staying with my company because im good at what i do. But I don't love what i do and if I decide to stay at my job and wind up hating it over time then what? ...
Is there any way that your present skills could lead into a job with the same company, or with another company, that would be more enjoyable? It is a lot easier to negotiate a different job, while you are currently employed and highly valued.

Quote:
I can't wait to wake up everyday and be excited for work for the rest of my life.
I started my career programming computers back in 1962. I loved working in and around computers, but the jobs also came with the dreaded documentation and status report requirements, which I hated! The point being, most jobs can come with a certain level of pleasure and pain.

What field are you in, and what field would you want to pursue?

⇒ Avoid allergic & non-allergic irritants/triggers
⇒ Low calorie ovo-vegetarian diet
⇒ Power walk, weight lifts, pushups
⇒ Coreg 25mg bid

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2012, 02:58 AM   #3
(male)

Allennor HB User

i think the degree dosent matters much if you have talent and performing superb in the sector you are working and interested then you must stick to that it will give you lot of success

Old 10-27-2012, 06:37 PM   #4
(female)

kind1 HB User

With regard to a career path, "they" say that "if you love what you do, you'll never have to work a day in your life" Farrah Gray, young male multimillionaire and author of "Reallionaire" suggests asking oneself this question pertaining to such a path, "What would I do for years and years to come and not have to get paid?"

There are some jobs that require a certain amount of college or training. You can do it though with hard work, motivation, and dedication to learning and studying.

This government site has a listing of various careers and the general educational requirements: http://www.bls.gov/ooh and can click on an "occupation group" or such.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:49 AM   #5
(female)

LiesLiesLies HB User

You only get one shot at life......
Follow the one path and strive,
Because whatever you do
You have to seek your dream come true.

Old 12-17-2012, 08:34 AM   #6
(female)

WhatWasIThinkin HB User

I don't know how young you are but please pursue what you LOVE!!! I wish i would of!

Old 12-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #7
(female)

janesi87 HB User

It's your life and you control it and you are responsible for whatever you do. If you are happy with your decision, continuing . However, you have to try your best to be successful

Old 01-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #8
(female)

clara790 HB User

choose a career which you enjoy and love doing and i can assure you, you won't regret it even if the pay isn't that good

Closed Thread