It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

It's Life - Off Topic Discussions Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
(female)

dogmom HB Userdogmom HB User
How do you know your significant other is the cheapest person on earth?

I caught my DH online last night trying to find the best price for windshield wipers for his car!

He got no less than 4-5 estimates from contractors to put in a new water heater, then he turned around and re-did it himself because he didn't like the way they placed it and demanded a refund. (which he never got.)

Toilets are heavy. So when we bought three new ones, neighbors graciously offered to help but he said "no thanks" because he was afraid they would charge him (plus he didn't want to put them out...he hates to take time out of other people's life, which is commendable.)

He gives me a hard time if I leave a light on in say, the laundry room after I had just taken the clothes out of the dryer...so now if he leaves the office and the light on and goes outside to the garage, I say, "Umm, were you still using the office? Why is the light still on?"

Agggh. BTW, we've been married 20 yrs. this past May. I guess after all that time you notice these things but Come on! Going on the 'net to find the cheapest deal for windshield wipers?

Do you have an overly-frugal person in your life? Examples, please!!!

Old 10-12-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
(male)

eframe HB User
Re: How do you know your significant other is the cheapest person on earth?

Hahahaha gotta laugh, I come from a line of men that were as tight as fishes assholes, i broke the cycle. Not sure if my wife is tight but she spends all our money on herself……..when I met he I owned my own house and debt free………….I'm 200 grand in the red now, I'm wearing a 20yr old t shirt as I speak.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User

Just about every man I know is like this. I have a friend whose husband monitors the toilet paper use; others who turn lights off constantly, won't turn on the AC until everyone is well cooked, then turns it off again as soon as it is a bit cooler. Even with my dream of a husband, we go all over town before he can settle on a purchase. He has to check every one out, gets brochures etc etc. if we save $50 off the price of a washer, he is thrilled. It is a man thing. Sera

Old 10-15-2012, 02:39 PM   #4
(female)

Toilet paper use? Oh man! I dated a guy like that before I met my DH. He was all like, "Why is it, whenever you come over, I go through more toilet paper?
DUH! You have TWO people using the commode instead of one and girls just don't 'shake it out' and move on. MEN. Meh.
$200,000 in debt???? My BIL divorced his second wife because she contributed nothing to the household, didn't work but Loved shoes. He was $40,000 in debt before he kicked her to the curb and demanded his $5K wedding ring back!

Why are people so different once you get married? I haven't even bought a new bra in 5 yrs. even though I've lost 42 lbs! (not on purpose). The drugs I take for my Epilepsy diagnosed in 2005 make me so sick I can't eat.

He doesn't encourage me to buy clothes that fit, even though I walk across the room and my jeans fall to my knees, he just says, "Go buy a belt, will you?"

Yet UPS or Fed EX delivers a package for him nearly every DAY for him. Computer parts, stuff for his new 'Man Cave", sneakers, not to mention those stupid windshield wipers!
I want to receive a box in my name for once!
Maybe something from Tiffany's.
Dagnabbit.

Last edited by dogmom; 10-15-2012 at 02:45 PM.

Old 12-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

FAN13 HB User

LMao. You know they are the cheapest if they do what you're significant other did.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:32 PM   #6
(female)

wait there's more! for Christmas kept getting these packages delivered...I was surprised when he opened them up in front of me. Well, not so astonished when I reazlised they were all gifts for his MOTHER!

My birthday is Jan. 15th...anyone want to join me in Aruba? I'll be sporting aV ictoria's Secret bra and a bikini way to young for my age.

o.k. maybe a tankini.
men. meh.

Last edited by dogmom; 12-30-2013 at 10:44 PM.

Reply Reply