It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2003, 10:53 AM   #1
(female)

bambi79 HB User
Wink Pain, blood, protein and pus PLEASE HELP!

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read this.
I'm hopefully looking for some advice on a problem I am having with my kidneys.
Any help would be much appreciated.

I suffer with recurrant kidney infections which are getting more frequent.
I have an infection now and my last one was just under two months ago.

When I go to my doctors, he doesn't always test my urine.
Sometimes he gives me a five day course of antibiotics.
Sometimes he just tells me to take pain killers and drink plenty.

This time my urine was tested and showed blood, pus protein and the nurse said everything else that shouldn't be in there!! ( I heard her mention ++ a couple of times if that is significant??)
I was given antibiotics and told (for the first time ever!) to go back in two weeks to have my urine tested again.

Over the last two days, the pain has got so bad at times that I just want to cry.
I am taking regular pain killers and using heatpads to help relieve the pain.
The pain itself, comes from my back, round the sides and down into my groin area.
My urine output has decreased.
I feel nauseaus and extremely tired and at times a little light headed.

I feel as if I am being a nuisance by keep going back to my doctor and therefore don't know what to do.

Could these infections be doing any permanant damage to my kidneys?
Should my doctor being doing more than he is? ie different tests?
Is it just a simple infection and I'm worrying over nothing? or
Could there be kidney problems of another sort?

Please any advice at all would be a help and thank you again for reading this.

Last edited by bambi79; 12-05-2003 at 01:33 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2003, 02:40 PM   #2

Enchante HB User
Re: Pain, blood, protein and pus PLEASE HELP!

A second opinion is always good to have.
Think about going for another opinion.
Could be a stone or maybe infections. Who knows?
Your doctor doesnt sound like he is giving you the care you need.

Old 12-06-2003, 03:43 PM   #3

MysticChic HB User
Re: Pain, blood, protein and pus PLEASE HELP!

How long has it been since you started the antibiotics? Is this in any way similar to how you react time wise with the meds? I hope the doc told you to drink LOTS of water. You can drink cranberry juice or get it in capsule form, as this often helps. The drugstores should carry a med that will help out with that particular pain. You can sometimes find it in the feminine section. If you have been on the antibiotic for a while now, you may need a different one.

I agree that it is possible you could have a stone. They can cause really terrible pain. Some have likened it to childbirth. As far as painkillers, ibuprofen type will help with the inflamation, however it could increase the bleeding.

If your urine has decreased a lot and you are drinking the same or more, there could be a blockage, I would have it checkout right away. The good news is that stones are usually best seen on regular x-rays. One thing to consider in going to the ER is the possibility of picking up flu germs. If the pain is bad enough and long enough, I think you would consider the ER anyway. If you do decide to tough it out over the weekend and you are still no better, give the doc a call and let them know how long you have been on the antibiotic and how much your condition has changed.

alice

Closed Thread