It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2003, 09:48 PM   #1
Inactive

serialnovelist HB User
slightly off topic stent question

does anyone perhaps know if it's bad for you to have sex with a stent in, it's been 7 days and i'm getting tired of waiting. I didn't ask the doctor and they didn't mention it.

I would assume the only problem would be the string...what if you used a rubber?

anyone know or had stent sexual experiences ?

Old 12-30-2003, 07:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran

farscape66 HB User
Re: slightly off topic stent question

Now that you mention it is mastrubation possible with a stent?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2003, 04:12 PM   #3
Inactive

serialnovelist HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by farscape66
Now that you mention it is mastrubation possible with a stent?
stent goes from your kidney to the outside of the ureter only. don't see why it wouldn't be possible as long as you keep the strong clean, by urinating right after or washing up...you don't want hat string getting dirty, i assume.

Old 01-02-2004, 11:27 PM   #4
Inactive

serialnovelist HB User

Okay i answered my own question and tried it out and all i can say is don't do it.

i started bleeding a lot after and having some minor pain in the stent area, so don't do it...

guess the doctors should have told me sex with a stent is possible but not a bright idea LOL

I have to agree while it was almost worth it, it's something i won't do again.

Old 01-03-2004, 07:22 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

farscape66 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by serialnovelist
Okay i answered my own question and tried it out and all i can say is don't do it.

i started bleeding a lot after and having some minor pain in the stent area, so don't do it...

guess the doctors should have told me sex with a stent is possible but not a bright idea LOL

I have to agree while it was almost worth it, it's something i won't do again.
you would think they would tell you these things up front. People need to know where they stand. I guess you need to make a night of sex the night before surgery to get it out of your system for the next week or two.

Old 01-04-2004, 03:18 PM   #6
Inactive

serialnovelist HB User

Quote:
I guess you need to make a night of sex the night before surgery to get it out of your system for the next week or two.
Lol yeah that might have been a good idea, wish i had thought of that, but i'd last a few days only before i started going nuts again. they told me seven days with the stent, but getting another appointment to have it removed has been a nightmare. I've had this thing in now since the 22nd of Dec and don't have an appointment till the 7th of Jan.

make a follow up appointment before your surgery. there was one day i was passin large broken up stone particles and one was pretty dam big, so i'm glad i had the stent just for that. and yeah if they put a sten in, make sure you get the one with the string so they don't have to use the scope to get the stent out, they just gently pull the string. I'll post my stent story after i get it out.

Old 01-04-2004, 03:27 PM   #7
Senior Veteran

farscape66 HB User

I will call tomorrow and try and get the stent removal appointment on the books. very good advice. looking forward to your post on the removal experience.

Old 01-07-2004, 11:13 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

farscape66 HB User

Doctor would not make pre appointment. He said until he does the procedure, he will not know if it 3,5,7, or 10 days that the stent is needed for. He has to judge the ammount of scarring first. He did assure me that there would be no waiting, they would fit me in somehow into the schedule. He said his office "was not in the habbit" of making people wait for stent removal.

Old 01-07-2004, 01:02 PM   #9

checkmate HB User

Quote:
He said his office "was not in the habbit" of making people wait for stent removal.
I waited about two minutes in the waiting room, and nurse began to "prep" me as soon as I got to exam room. Dr. was in room before she was finished and began immediatly. Whole thing from the time I walked into the office until I was walking out was less than 10 min, and most of that time was spent cleaning up and going to restroom following removal.

As far as sleeping, I don't have a clue what position I slept in. Assuming it was normal, since I fell asleep on my side and woke up on my back like I normally do.

My stent did not have string, but removal was not the horror stories I hear about. Pain lasted less than a few seconds, and after removal the only pain I had was just a slight ache in the flank and groin areas. No big deal.

Old 01-07-2004, 03:26 PM   #10
Inactive

serialnovelist HB User

Well Folks, i just got back from my stent removal and isn't wasn't the horror i thought it was going to be either. I waited around a long time, they checkd my blood pressure and all that and then after waiting for what seemed like along time, the doctor came in with an intern, went over the paperwork and the female INTERN removed my stent. the first second or so was nothing then, i felt a slight pain and burning sensation, took a super deep breath andit wasn't bad at all. then anothe small burning pain, took another deep breathe, felt a bizzare unusual sensation of movement and BLAM it was over, and i pulled my pants up and that was it.

the pain i felt while having the stent and urinating was so much more painful than anything i felt having the stent removed, it was over quick. My problem was i was super nervous even the nurse who took my blood pressure said it was sky high because i ws so nervous. so i think that didnt help things.

It also didn't help that the female intern removing my stent was a super fine brunette. She was so DAM cute LOL that made me even more uncomfortable.
She was looking so fine in her white doctor's coat. Now i'm just feeling some flank and bladder uncomfortableness but nothing to take painkillers over.

Doc said it'd go away in a few hours and i'd have some blood in my urine. I had my stent way longer than i was supposed to have it in so i think that might have had something to do with things.

Old 01-07-2004, 03:49 PM   #11
Senior Veteran

farscape66 HB User

Personally I would feel more comfortable if the doctor himself remoced the stent. I hear they charge the insurance company $2500 for stent removal, I want to get my monies worth.

Glad to know it went so well.

Old 01-07-2004, 08:20 PM   #12
Inactive

serialnovelist HB User

Quote:
Glad to know it went so well.
Thank you i appreciate that ! I have no idea what they charge but it probably ain't cheap, nothing in the medical industry is.

Yes if you do get a stent don't worry, it's not bad at all. i think the only reason it wasn't better is because i was so nervous. i still haven't had any major pain or problems.

Closed Thread