It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2004, 07:04 AM   #1
(female)

skittles411 HB User
drinking tea and pain?

I had a kidney stone a while back and I know that you're supposed to stay away from tea and all. I actually rarely drink tea anyway. Today though, I had a large glass of milk tea, and maybe 20 minutes later I could swear my side started hurting. It was the left side, the same side that I had my pain when I had my stone. The pain went away maybe 10-15 minutes later, but I started drinking a lot of water too. I also had this weird pain about a two weeks ago, and that was the last time I drank some milk tea. I went to the dr a couple days after it started and they said my urine is clear.

Is there any reason why the tea might be making my lower left side hurt? Do you think maybe it's psychological because I know I probably shouldn't be drinking it, then I think I feel pain afterwards?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2004, 09:41 PM   #2

scribbles HB User
Re: drinking tea and pain?

What type of kidney stones do you have? If you have calcium stones, these stones are made mainly of calcium oxalate. You drank both tea and milk -- tea contains large amounts of oxalate and milk is a source of calcium. Right there are your ingredients for possible stone formation.

Drinking lots of water can help flush out these substances with your urine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread