It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-28-2004, 09:59 AM   #1
(male)

rush_photon HB User
kidney pain in the morning

Hi, I don't know if anyone has experience the same, I started having kidney pain in the morning when i wake up, but after I pee, everything becomes fine. And there's no pain during the day. I also find that maybe a cold bed induces more pain than a warmer one. Is this normal for cold/hot bed? or is it something wrong with my kidney?
Thanks for all your help
Isaac

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-28-2004, 11:13 AM   #2
Veteran

whatamess@35 HB User
Re: kidney pain in the morning

I have had that happen to me before as well~
I only had it happen when i would hold urine too long~
Now i am having it everyday...It stays with me all day long~
I am calling the doc tomorrow..Drinking plenty of fluids and last
night i took a potassium pill..I had read somewhere that in cases like mine..I may just need potassium to clear out the kidneys~
However i woke up this mornign with the pain right back~
Try drinking more water and not having anything say 2 hours before you go to bed...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-03-2004, 07:46 PM   #3
(male)

rush_photon HB User

Hi, what did your doctor say about it? i am currently extremely busy and haven't got any time to see a doctor, will see one in about 2 weeks.

Old 12-03-2004, 10:39 PM   #4
Veteran

whatamess@35 HB User

Well i didnt go to the doctor...I bought some cran/grape juice..I drank the whole 32 oz in 24 hours and feel better now..Thankfully!!
How are you feeling ??I hope its nothing serious~
Take care~~

Old 12-04-2004, 06:04 AM   #5
(female)

kitty-t HB User

Hello,
I see you have said about cranberry and grape juice, does this really work because in the last couple of days I have been in alot of pain (I put a post up yesterday) and I would drink alot of water if I knew it was the best option but I would drink more if it was cranberry juice, how does this help and do you find it helps more than water?

Old 12-05-2004, 10:34 AM   #6
Veteran

whatamess@35 HB User

Hi kitty
I drank cran/grape juice to flush out the kidneys~
Yes it works far better than just water~
I dont know what you have going on..So im not sure it will help you~
I would say if you want to try it..Go for it..But if you have no relief after a 32oz jug of the drink..I wouldnt play around ..get in to see your doc~
Hop e you feel better soon~

Old 12-20-2004, 08:07 AM   #7

sdowning HB User

I too have this same problem. I will go to bed around 10 or 11 at night and by 6 in the morning my kidneys hurt so bad I almost want to start crying. Some days it stops hurting when I get up, go to the bathroom, and drink water. Other days it persist for hours. By the evening I no longer have the kidney pain, but once I go to sleep I will wake up with the intense kidney pain again.

Old 12-20-2004, 02:03 PM   #8
(male)

genxsis HB User

I came here to post a thread about the exact same problem! I'm surprised to see it is so widespread! I went to a doctor about this before and he told me that it was probably a muscular pain problem in my lower back, not my kidney. But that doesn't explain why it only goes away when I get up and go to the bathroom. He said the relief probably comes from the act of walking to the bathroom, not by peeing.

So I tried walking to the bathroom one morning and then back to bed without peeing to see if the problem went away. It did not!

I'm afraid, as I'm sure you all are, that letting this go too long will result in kidney failure or something. Too bad the doctors can't diagnose something!

Old 01-27-2005, 01:43 AM   #9
(female)

curefinder HB User
Thumbs up Re: kidney pain in the morning

To all, I am so glad I found this site tonight. I have had the same problem for many months now and I had no idea what was going on. I did'nt even know it was my kidneys untill now. Occationally I wake in the early morning with a very bad pain in my lower left side of stomach and back. Sometimes I can lie on my left side and it goes away but mostly I will get up go to the bathroom and it will go away. If I have been drinking alcohol the pain is so much worse in the morning. These times it hurts too much I cant walk and then when I do pee it stays with me for a while. After reading some of your threads I now know it is my kidneys and I need to drink cranberry juice. Thank you so much I was getting worried about it. I hope everyone gets beter soon.

Last edited by curefinder; 01-27-2005 at 02:08 AM.

Old 01-27-2005, 08:28 AM   #10
(female)

shan_y HB User

As long as it is only your kidneys, like a possible infection starting would I drink the cran-grape. If you produce calcium-oxalate stones you can still drink it but in limited amounts. While the cranberry is wonderful for flushing the kidneys and helping with infections, it is high on the oxalate table.

Good luck,
Shan

Old 01-27-2005, 03:52 PM   #11
Inactive

joe28paws HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty-t
Hello,
I see you have said about cranberry and grape juice, does this really work because in the last couple of days I have been in alot of pain (I put a post up yesterday) and I would drink alot of water if I knew it was the best option but I would drink more if it was cranberry juice, how does this help and do you find it helps more than water?
Hi Kitty,

Yes Cranberry Juice will work faster than water because of the acids in the cranberries. It is better to drink water, but in your case right now, go ahead and buy the cranberry juice, it will work faster than plain old water.

I hope you feel better

Old 02-15-2005, 05:26 AM   #12
(female)

curefinder HB User

Dear Shan Y,
I drank a bottle of Cranberry juice and since my problem has worsened. I had the pain all day for one day and now it is every morning it used to be occational. I have not seen a Doctor yet but I am now unsure if it is my kidneys or not. I read alot about it online and I think my pain is much lower. My pain is very low in the back and stomach like a bad stitch or stabbing, it is similar to period pain but more stabbing rather then cramping. Is kidney pain very low in back, stomach and sides or is it higher? Please help me understand what is going on.

Closed Thread