It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2005, 02:30 AM   #1
(female)

Krishon HB User
Question Swollen Stomach and Blood in Urine, Please Help

Hello,
My doctor has found blood in my urine twice now. I went to see him today and he wanted to do a kidney dye test today but I am on medication that another doctor gave me for a bladder infection. The other Doctor didn't even check for an infection. My stomach is swollen and it was painful when my doctor touched it today. He doesn't seem to know what it is but I do have to go for a dye test and a Cat Scan when I finish the medicine. The Cat Scan will show from below my chest to my woman organs. Has anyone ever had anything like this. I am so Scared. Please let me know if anyone has had anything like this.

Last edited by Krishon; 03-22-2005 at 02:32 AM.

Old 03-22-2005, 04:54 PM   #2
(female)

awkitty77 HB User
Re: Swollen Stomach and Blood in Urine, Please Help

It is not painful at all so don't worry the test you do have to lie very still for and you will be in a room by yourself and the tech. will be able to talk to you and he can hear you as well it will probably take around 40 minutes and he will ask you to breathe deeply and hold it the only part that is a little scary is the dye that they inject which is through an iv so that is no worse than having blood taken but the dye will all of a sudden make you really warm all over and if you are female it makes you feel like you are urinating and in about 10 to 20 seconds that feeling goes away it just is an odd feeling but not painful so don't worry just stay relaxed and don't let the dye scare you it is just strange feeling

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2005, 10:51 AM   #3
(female)

MissLijChristne HB User
Re: Swollen Stomach and Blood in Urine, Please Help

I just recently had the same cat scan done that you will have. The cat scan is not bad at all. No pain or anything. Its a lil cold, but that I'm sure you can handle

Closed Thread