It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2005, 07:27 AM   #1
(female)

chinook04 HB User
kidney stones?

The first time I felt this pain, I was pregnant. It was on my left side between my ribs and hips and in the middle between my side and belly button. It would happen when I turned in bed... so I thought this was ligaments with the baby growing. I later miscarried at 13 weeks. The pain continued for a month or so afterwards. The pain is just like a pinch or a poke and lasts only a second or two. It went away for a number of months. Then this summer it returned off and on. Maybe once in a day, then nothing for a few days, or even weeks. But in August I had it daily (seconds at a time) for awhile. Then on Sunday night it was a constant pain for 2 hrs. Later I ate a nice big meal and the pain was gone and haven't had it since. I went to the doc to see what was up. I was thinking ulcer... since a meal relieved the pain but she is thinking muscle pull first.... but is sending me for an ultrasound to check for kidney stones and an urinanalysis. I have had no pain in my back or groin area. Only in the front as I described above. So since I have a week before the ultrasound, I am drinking 8-12 glasses of water a day, couldn't hurt if it isn't kidney stones. So any opinions, thoughts....

Old 09-08-2005, 02:01 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

French horn HB User
Re: kidney stones?

Well... it certainly could be a kidney stone! I would say that what you Dr. is doing would probably be my best advice except I would be for a CT scan instead of Ultra Sound. They aren't as conclusive as the CT's with dye. That way it could check out that whole area, not just kidneys.

They found a cyst and a fibrous tumor on my female organs when they did a CT scan for a kidney stone. I had no idea!

God bless you! I hope I helped.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2005, 09:35 AM   #3
(female)

westie2 HB User
Re: kidney stones?

I had the exact same pain when I was pregnant and I thought maybe it was a pulled muscle. It has been 8 months since I had the baby and I am still getting pain on and off. Some times it is unbearable. I go see a urologist next month. Good Luck to you and keep us posted.

Old 09-09-2005, 01:27 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Summermoon HB User
Question Re: kidney stones?

Hiya,

Everytime i have had kidney stones the pain has always been in the back in my renal angle, which is where i now have constant pain.
I dont know where u live but i am in the UK and it seems here we have x-rays and ct's only doing a renogram on me after 18months of kidney stones and constant pain they have found my kidneys are dialated and my right kidneys is not working at all, got lucky though only been under this consultant 10 weeks after 16 months of having no test at my other hospital.
Good luck to you i hope it goes ok for you.

Cya xx

Closed Thread