It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2005, 04:16 AM   #1
(female)

3blueeyedgirls HB User
Lots of pain at night

I don't know if this is realted to my kidney disease or not, but over the past 2 months every single night I have terrible pain on the back, right side approximately where the right kidney is. It always happens on the right side - never the left.

It is so painful that I have trouble sleeping...every single night. I wake up often through the night in pain. The minute I start to arouse from sleep, I have to get out of bed because I can't stand the pain anymore and there is no way that I can get comfortable.

It does get considerably better after I get up, but even throughout the day there is still some small amount of pain.

This wasn't discussed with my neph. because I haven't seen her since this started.

Does anyone have any ideas what this might be? I would so appreciate any insight that you might have.

Thank you,

Liz

Old 12-03-2005, 08:28 PM   #2
(female)

mjmj57inKY HB User
Re: Lots of pain at night

I have had the same problem since March. I have had ultrasound, CTscan with and without contrast, and a MRI. They discovered two cysts but do not feel that is why I have the pain. I am having a ureteroscopy on Tuesday-the Urologist thinks I may have blockage up near the kidney. I have pain when I lie down on my right side, when I turn in bed, and most of the time when I twist or turn during the day. I know it is not back pain-I have that sometimes as well. I have renal insufficiency so they are doing the ureteroscopy instead of another dye test-kidneys can't handle the dye. Hopefully this procedure will take care of the problem. Good luck to you! MJ

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2005, 06:51 PM   #3
(female)

3blueeyedgirls HB User

MJ, you have just described me to a T!

The pain starts when lay on my right side in bed, and when I turn in bed, I want to cry because it hurts so much. I too have had back pain, and this isn't it. I also have renal insuff...weird that we have so much in common!

Good luck MJ, and I hope that they find out what is causing your pain.

Please keep up updated on your appt!

Old 12-05-2005, 10:20 AM   #4
(female)

Soccerchck HB User

My pain is much worse at night than during the day. I can go days at a time where I have no pain at work or home but the second I lay down it hurts. In my case I think it's partially that I'm too busy with two babies and a fulltime job to be bothered during the day. But at night my body yells, "Gotcha!" I find a heating pad on low helps alot for me. Good luck.

Old 12-05-2005, 10:24 AM   #5
(female)

3blueeyedgirls HB User

Soccerchck, have you been told what is causing your pain? Do you ever take pain meds, or does the heating pad take care of it?

Thanks!!!!!!

Liz

Last edited by 3blueeyedgirls; 12-05-2005 at 10:25 AM.

Old 12-05-2005, 10:42 AM   #6
(female)

Soccerchck HB User

I have chonic problems with stones but I also have problems that my kidneys spasm periodically. I'm still in the loooong process of getting a diagnosis or even a straight answer. The pain is horrible when it's a stone and moderate to severe without a stone. I honestly find the heating pad works faster than any pain med I've taken other than the strong narcotics that send you to land. I still take meds, codeine, morphine (as little as possible), and percocet (again as little as possible) for intense pain that won't go away. It just take so freaking long to kick in when you're in a bad place, KWIM? The heating pad takes the edge off everytime.

Old 12-05-2005, 11:42 AM   #7
(female)

3blueeyedgirls HB User

I don't have stones or spasms, but CRI. I've never had any pain until now, so I'm guessing that our causes are different.

Thanks for letting me know about the heating pad - I'm getting mine out tonight...and for once I'm looking forward to sleep!

Good luck!!!!!

Liz

Last edited by 3blueeyedgirls; 12-05-2005 at 11:42 AM.

Old 12-08-2005, 08:37 AM   #8
(female)

3blueeyedgirls HB User

Made an appt with my dr - I can't stand it anymore. Heating pad, pain pills, nothing helped.

I'll update later............

Last edited by 3blueeyedgirls; 12-08-2005 at 08:38 AM.

Old 12-08-2005, 08:42 AM   #9
(female)

Soccerchck HB User

Sorry to hear that. I hope your doctor can help you get some relief.

Closed Thread