It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2006, 09:42 AM   #1
(female)

Tigger1975 HB User
benign fatty growth on kidney?

I went in for a ultra sound scan to check for fibroids in my womb and the technician found a "brightness" on my right kidney. After the head of radiology came in and looked at it and they had a long chat he said it was most likely just a benign fatty growth that I have had for years. They wanted to do a CT scan to check how well the kidney is functioning but CT was really backed up so they sent me home and I am now waiting for an appointment. As you can imagine I am making myself sick with worry! I keep thinking I will go in for the CT scan in a few weeks and find it is cancer and as it is large will be bad news! I cant eat or sleep and feel life is on hold till I have the CT scan. I am trying to think positive but I keep thinking what if they were wrong and it is cancer?
Anyone else have a fatty growth on the kidney that showed up as brightness on the ultra sound?
Please I need some reassurance!

The following user gives a hug of support to Tigger1975:
dcran44 (12-11-2011)
Old 05-14-2006, 08:15 PM   #2
(female)

Trident967 HB User
Re: benign fatty growth on kidney?

Hey Tigger
I had the same thing last year...They were checking for stones and noticed something else there. It was fatty tissue...seem the shape can tell them..
Mine was larger than normal, and had to be removed. They did a check and were right fatty tissue not cancer.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2006, 06:02 AM   #3
(female)

Tigger1975 HB User

Thanks for your post
My docotr is saying the ultra sound report says inconclusive but they think it is a Angiomyolipoma which I know is rare. They say the size is 13cm which I know is really quite large and worrying. I am told that "if" it is this Angiomyolipoma they probably wont do anything about it as I am not showing any symptoms and am young (31). The doctor said it is highly unlikely it is cancer but I still get a bad feeling as "highly unlikely" still means there is a chance and as this Angiomyolipoma is very rare and especially at the size it is really scares me.
I have a ct planned for Monday which hopefully will help ease my mind.

Old 05-19-2006, 06:45 PM   #4
(female)

mizwizn HB User

I just happened on this board today. I had a CT scan this morning and every thing checked out with the gastro dr., but they found a 1.8 cm mass on the lower part of my left kidney. I have to see the urologist on Thursday. I have been crying ever since. I finally got myself together, but I am scared. Has anyone else had this same thing happen.

Thanks
Mizwizn
Nashville TN

Old 06-15-2006, 09:37 AM   #5
(female)

Tigger1975 HB User

Just wanted to post an update. Well after having a CT scan and an MRI I have been told it is a Angiomyolipoma and that basically they will leave it alone unless it starts to cause me major problems. My urologist says from the MRI they can see the blood supply to the Angiomyolipoma is too intertwined with my kidney and so I would most definetly lose the kidney. And as I am a young, healthy woman they wont touch it unless problems arise. Im glad I know about it as I now know what symptoms to look for and if problems arise I can tell the doctor about it and save precious time.

Closed Thread