It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Kidney Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2006, 08:59 AM   #1

luvthemountains HB User
Did I pass a kidney stone???

Hey everyone,
I just want to know if you all think I passed a kidney stone. Here's what happened:

Found out Uncle was being taken off life support yesterday...upset and stressed all day

Later, started feeling nauseated thinking it was from the stress headache...took a Tylonol..no help and took a dramamine...didn't really help with the nausea

went to lay down and about 20 minutes later after rolling to my right side (which I have had a kidney stone in my left ureter for about 6 plus years now) and I started to feel an intense pain in my private area (clitoris to be exact) and I felt like I had to go to the bathroom.

Went to the bathroom, could go okay, not alot came out, and then my left kidney (in the kidney area only...no back) started to hurt. hubby thought my back was out of place which by now the pain was off and on in intensity to where it hurt to inhale and exhale and it brought me to my knees. Forced myself to lay on the floor so hubby could pop my back and that didn't help so I got into my hot tub and started to feel some relief. I still felt some of the pain in the private area which it felt like I had to pee so I did in the hot tub (I know it sounds gross, but I was not feeling well at all and thought it was the best thing because whatever was going on, I just wanted it out!) Anyway, after sitting in the hot tub for about 15 minutes, I got out and took my bathing suit and underware off (didn't have time to get everything off because of the pain going on) and when I took my underware off, there was this shiney little stone in my underware. I asked hubby if there was anything in the hot tub before I got in and he said no because he just got done wiping it down before I filled it with water.

Now, I was able to get out of the tub, the pain seemed to have subsided dramatically with like after effect little pain and I was able to take a shower okay. I asked hubby if he thought that could have come out from one of the jets (we have it in our bedroom) and he asked how it would have gotten into my underware through my bathing suit. So, today, I feel a little bit of the pain in the private area, not too bad...I can breathe without it hurting and my lower abdomen is really tender when I push on it.

Does this sound like I maybe pass my kidney stone after all these years? I was told by the docs that my stone was 1cm in size that that it was too large to pass. It supposedly sat in the lower left pole (wherever that is) and they said that it was lodged in there pretty good.

What do you think? I had such a tramatic day yesterday anyway, so I don't really know. Thanks to all who answer!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2006, 09:47 AM   #2
(female)

angabeth HB User
Re: Did I pass a kidney stone???

Hi, it sounds very much like you did pass a stone- my father did the same thing several years ago. The pain is supposed to be one of the worst- hope you are feeling better. Kidney stones can move or break up. The lower pole is part of the drainage system of the kidney. It is important that you drink lots of water to flush out any remaining bits, and if your urine is more dilute the pain will lessen- less stinging in the scratched ureter. If you are no better its important to visit your doctor as you may need antibiotics.
Hope this helps,

love, Angela

Old 11-04-2006, 10:37 AM   #3

luvthemountains HB User

How does one feel the next day after passing a stone? Like I said, my abdomen is tender...is that part of passing a stone? It's so hard to tell considering what I have had to deal with and all the stress. Today, I just feel tired or sluggish but again, I don't know if that's because of the stress dealing with my Uncle and or the intense pain I went through. When having pain like that, does one pass the stone shortly after the onset of the pain? I would love to hear stories of people who have gone through this. During and after! Thanks!!!

Old 11-04-2006, 10:51 AM   #4
(female)

angabeth HB User

It is possible for a stone to move down the ureter and lodge there- the pain comes in waves and is awful. Stones can take minutes, hours, or days to pass. The pain is called renal colic and is treated in hospital with anti spasmodics and morphine. If the stone blocks the ureter it is removed surgically, but they often pass. The lining of the ureter and bladder is scratched raw by the stone as it passes, so some pain in the lower abdomen and back would be expected for a few days after, but nowhere near the intensity of the pain when the stone moves down.
All the best, Angela

Old 11-04-2006, 11:30 AM   #5

luvthemountains HB User

No, the pain isn't NEAR what it was last night but I still feel "after effect" in the private area from time to time and like I said, the lower abdomen is pretty tender. Low back feels stiff but a walk on the treadmill seemed to losen that up. Do you think that the tender abdomen is part of the after effect though? Also, what makes for the pain in the private area (clitoris)? I remember having this kind of intense pain a couple of years ago late at night, I waited it out...couldn't hardly move and then made an appt. to see an Internest. Told her what had happened, she checked somethings out and said that she didn't know. She said it could have been a cyst that ruptured but since she didn't see anything, she didn't know. At that time, I was having the pain in the private area, but when I went in, it was tolorable, not intense.

Now, wouldn't you think if a doctor knew that I had a kidney stone, that would have been the first suspision? I mean it's not very common for a women to complain that she is having pain in that area. Do you think I would know if there was any infection with this at all? How would I know?

Old 11-04-2006, 11:46 AM   #6
(female)

angabeth HB User

Sometimes pain can be referred, or felt some distance from its source. Men often experience bladder and prostate pain at the end of the penis. I suspect that your clitoral pain is referred from the bladder. If you have an infection you would feel unwell, getting worse not better. If your urine becomes cloudy or smelly, or if your abdominal pain increases, especially with a fever, you should seek medical help. It would be interesting to have an ultrasound scan of your kidneys to see if any known stones have gone, or if you have any others.

Regards, Angela

Old 11-04-2006, 11:50 AM   #7

luvthemountains HB User

Well as far as I can remember, I did have cloudy urine before this happened. Today, I have been drinking water so, it doesn't look so bad. I just feel sluggish/tired but that could be also from all the stress. I kept the stone to take to my doctor. Do you think they will be able to tell if it is some kind of kidney stone or not?

Old 11-04-2006, 12:00 PM   #8
(female)

angabeth HB User

Kidney stones vary in size and shape. If your urine has been cloudy you may have had a partially obstructed kidney for a while, with some infection. It may clear now the blockage has gone. Its probably best to see your GP ( or whatever you have in the USA!) as you may need a course of antibiotics. Feeling tired can be a symptom of urinary infection, but it sounds like you are having a hard time at the moment. Take care.
Im off to the pub now for bonfire night with fireworks. Hope you have an easier day tomorrow,
Love Angela

Closed Thread